Gyms in Naga City

Hey all, anyone from Naga City? I moved here about a month ago and still trying to learn my way around. I'm trying to find a decent gym in the area. Nothing too fancy is necessary, but something with a variety of machines and cardio equipment would be good. Aircon would be nice but not mandatory. Thanks!

You are in luck my friend. I vacation in Naga city a year ago. I have been training for about 30 years. I use to be a competitive Bodybuilder. There use to be another gym there that was really good but it closed. I was searching why I was there for some gym to replace it. The best one I found was at the Plaza avenue hotel. They will let people train there that are not guess. I forgot the cost but, it was not much.

This hotel is the latest 4 star hotel in Naga City. Just ask the front desk what a membership will cost. Not sure how long you are there for. When I come there for good to live, this is the gym I will use until I have my home gym built. If you find a new place that is better please let me know.

KC Joe wrote:

Hey all, anyone from Naga City? I moved here about a month ago and still trying to learn my way around. I'm trying to find a decent gym in the area. Nothing too fancy is necessary, but something with a variety of machines and cardio equipment would be good. Aircon would be nice but not mandatory. Thanks!

which naga city are you referring to?

Naga city in bicol philippines

hi wayne -actually was asking kc joe   because there is naga city in cebu too

Sorry, I did not know that. Learned something new.

Hey Wayne, You're talking about the Avenue Plaza hotel on Magsaysay right? Great idea! I never thought of checking the hotels for gym usage. After a quick search, there is another hotel on that road called Villa Cacares that has a gym too. I'll have to hit them both up and check them out (feeling lazy because we're going on one week with no power, haha). Thanks so much for the pointer.

Greentravel, yes I'm In Naga City, Bicol.

I heard about no power. We have relatives
In place call libmanan 40 mins. From Naga. Is it hot? The hotels shwould be running on generator. Any idea when power restored???

Yep, been through Libmanan a few times. If I recall there is a cave there I visited some years ago.

The rain is keeping the temp down somewhat, but its still so hot and humid. Been spending time at the SM to stay cool and paying P10/hr to charge phone, etc. Keep hoping the power will be on any time, but no real idea.

Are you just visiting or are you there to stay?

We're giving it a trial run, but more than likely here for the long haul. Been here many times on vacation as the wife is from here. We've only been here a month however and finding that living here is different than simply visiting. We're currently just renting a small place in the city close to the in-laws, but if we decide to stay we'll probably buy a small plot and build a house out of the city limits. They say it's more fun in the Philippines, and in many ways that is true, but it definitely takes adopting a different mindset and going with the flow.

Just word of advice. I wouldn't buy to quick. I would just rent until I am sure. You can always buy. It's hard to sale a expat place because of cost.
We are moving back may 2015. I have spend a lot time there. I was in the marine corps station in Subic Bay there. It takes some getting use to. Lot good and bad. Attitude and ability to change will help you.

Hopefully you will be there when we arrive. Watch your money. It's not a good place to be if you are broke. No safety net for expats.

That's what I was thinking too. Rent for a good year or two and be absolutely certain. Even when the time comes, I prefer to keep a low profile and our place will not be the typical expat mansion. More along the lines of a nice locals house. Thanks for your words.

I'm retired USAF. I'll probably see you around here one of these days.