Diplomatic Quarter or Compound Living?

Hi,

I am currently working in Dubai and will be moving to Riyadh early next year. My clients have suggested an apartment within the diplomatic quarter or in one of the two compounds which are close to the diplomatic quarter. Does anyone know the names of these compounds?

I most probably will not get my one day off on Friday or Saturday. I would like to meet people and make friends. Which compounds would be best in the long term? In terms of transport and getting around the kids driver will be picking me up and taking me back home. I'll be working as a governess.

Any suggestions would be most helpful.

Thanks

So I am back in London and will be going out to Riyadh sooner than expected. My clients will be getting me a compound close to the American school. Which compounds are close to the American school?

Thanks

Please help :)

Regards,
Not far , Granada & palm &  Al-Waha Compound
I can I help you

Are you here yet?  I'm not going to ask you to say your marital status (lethal on this fourm in this country) but if you're single please consider a compound and not the Diplomatic Quarter.

I've just moved from Dubai and although the DQ is lovely and green, it's a ghost town.  It's like some kind of armageddon film where all the people have disappeared. It freaks me out!

@cassieindubai - :lol::lol:

Oh no just cos I mentioned the word single I get lots of men contacting me!

I'm married!

cassieindubai on a roll - :D:lol::D:D

Thank you to everyone who got in touch. I'll be finding out in about 2 weeks where I'll be living.

Any suggestions on what to bring with me? Essential stuff?

Definitely a compound. Everything in the DQ is  too expensive for everyday stuff. Bring multiple bottles of your favorite beauty stuff and good nail clippers.  :)

Hi Glamorous,

So exactly how many bottles/tubes of beauty stuff are we talking about? I have a suitcase of toiletries! Will I get stopped at the airport? They may think I am going to opening up a Boots/CVS! Lol!

I have asked for a compound. What compounds are close to the American school?

Thanks