Traveller in search of orientation

I am a Spanish girl that have been living in Cairo for about 4 years now, and I would like to move to India in less than a year, I am really curious about India and its culture, I would like to learn its language, and stay for a long-term period. I don't know India well to orientate myself in what could I do, what could I work at, how is life here and there?
I would like you to tell me how was your experience in India and what are you working at,etc.
I've worked as an English teacher for Egyptian children untill now, but I am open to other kind of jobs. I just want to know how life is for expats in India.I thought I could start with something like Goa, because I've been told that it is a bit more turistic and I thought it could be easier for me to handle. I have this attitude because most probably I would travel alone.  Thank you in advance for your responses.

Hey how ru? I have moved to mumbai from washington dc, usa myself. Its an amazing country for work and as a tourist!
As an expat, i hve developed many contacts...lets chat and we can share my experiences
It is always fun sharing experiences amd helping other expats in a new country!

Message me when u get the chance and hope to see u in india soon!!

Dave

Hi guys,

welcome to Expat.com :)

I've moved your posts to the English speaking forum of India for better interactions with the other members.

Cheers,

Sarah

we will be good friends