French Consulate = is a filipina experimenting Visa rule post-visa ?

Hi,

I'm searching experience of French Consulate rule post-visa :
"Kindly report to the Consulate after your trip".

Is here a Filipina/o experimeting this type of requirrement after return home ?

What is the process to come back a third time in Consulate ?

Is it a Schengen rule applicated by all Consulates ?

Is it a specific French rule ? What is the laws' reference ?

Have some applicants met troubles if not presented after trip and new visa refused ?

Thanks to share.

iv had schengen visa twice, but was never asked to report to the embassy on my return.. i didnt go to france tho and i wasnt a tourist visa..

if they require you to report after the trip, i guess its safer to do that so u wont get compromised if u applied again for a french visa..

dunno if this can help

Thanks for your reply.
Yours was Schengen but delivered by Norway consulate..

French consulate deliver same type of visa but... add a sentence at botoom on passport page "Kindly report to the consulate after your trip".

I guess its special requirrement of France to slow down the tourism from Philippines.
Its why I search on this forum if other consulates do same way...
and if another pinay with French visa experienced to escape this useless obligation.

Last year for 1st visa it was same sentence and they accepted I report by e-mail with proof of return.
But in 2014 they changed of mind and request "report in person at consulate".

Its really waste of time (1 day) and money, to pay flights back and forth to Manila, only to show during 5 minutes a passport with stamps.

awww, sorry to hear... yea, its a real inconvenience to travel just to show up in the embassy as proof that ur back..
u mentioned "flying".. so where are u? and whats the closest french embassy to ur place? maybe the flying part can be an excuse coz its both costly and a waste of time, when u can just email them a copy of ur philippine entry stamp... anyways, that sounds like a really unfair rule.. :(

My gf is pinay from Cebu province.

Early morning 3h to go to airport then 2h before departure then 1h+ of flight then 1h of taxi to arrive Makati consulate.

Then 5 minutes to show up after xx hours waiting on line in consulate.

Then return same way at night and missing school at least one day for useless comedy.
And fares back and forth.

French consulate is abusing security rules to slow down the Pilina immigration and to limit the tourists entrances. Maybe they don't like Philippines' people.

I see Norway consulate don't use this process.
Is there another SCHENGEN country same or different ?

This rule was  really a selective one for a reason.; Most Filipinos using tourist visa to visit France didnt come back anymore. They tend to stay in FRance comme sans papier.. donc Viola les autres ete pénaliser.

I guess there is a satellite french embassy in Cebu you can try to check if it just alright.

Thanks for your reply.

I would like to get contact with other pinay coming back from FRANCE with Schengen visa or from FRENCH TERRITORIES with special visa.

My goal is not to complain against a crazy French rule, but only to collect informations about this process of checking.

Is it general French process in Philippines ? or for selected applicants ?

I found some examples in Africa... and searching the legality of this special process, I did not find in French Foreign Affairs website or Laws website.

Already one pinay travelling to Europe replied its an unknown process in other countries of Schengen.

In CEBU there is a special type of Consulate... only for French citizens and its like a mail boxe to transfer to Embassy or link to help contacts... nothing at all for filipinos.