New student in Istanbul need help !!

Hello expats,

My name is Tarek and 25 yrs old. I going to study Architecture at Istanbul Kultur University (near to Ataturk airport) next semester. I struggling to set my budget to live in Istanbul. Also, Idk where's the best area to live there ?! I need something near to my university and in the center. Also. I don't like to waste my time and money in transportation !! Can anyone advice me. Especially, I searched in many websites but I couldn't find the answer.

Notice: I'm healthy person and I don't smoke cigarets or drink alcohol. Usually, I go to the Gym and I cook my food in the house. I'm just hanging out in the weekends.

Thanks

u can stay bakirkoy or florya

The best place with balanced budget for a student like you ..looking forward to study in kültür university is
Yenibosna
Şirinevler
There is site next to your uni called ihlas ..its era with couples of building , am sure they are a lot of student lives there because it's to much near to your college

My advice for you 1st of all you have to know your university is in Yenibosna there is mall next to it with near place a street shops so it's not too much bad neither far from the center ..maybe 40min from Mecidiyeköy and the reset of places

According to all the information I have given ..you must come for a while druning the semester ..try to meet new friends ..and am sure you can find a room mates for you ..connect international office which located in your college they will help you

And thank you ..that all what come in mind right now

Lestad : Thank you very much

Damora: First of all, I should thank you for your available info. I did visit the uni. last year but I didn't focus in the area. I was planing to live in Beyoglu something close to metro or tram (something near to Taksim) because I'd be happy to live near historical building there and it's easy to hangout. Also, I found most of expats are living in or around Beyoglu and it's too easy to find room there BUT I will rethink again about your advice and you seem that you know the area very well.
Thank you and I'm really appreciated :)

But what about the average budget for student without the accommodation ?

Taksim is not  that big deal for you as a student ..you still can hangout at the weekends
Beside it's not that far from many places ..you can still save money if you will rent near your college ..If you rent more far it will cause you more both money and time

I know the era because I know many ppl lives there bedise I pass from there everyday even do I live in Beşiktaş ..so its not problem where u want live ..you must think about your budget

Some are.300- 400 _500tl with roommates it's depends ..go and meet new friends from your college ..don't hurry

I have a two bedroom furnished flat a couple of minutes walk to istiklal cadessi. it is up for rent.
you did not specify what you really are looking for, nor your budget. could u get in touch and let me know if you
are looking for this kind of accommodation.