New VISA Rules & Regulations

Hi All,

I am Pharma graduate from India. I got an offer as a Pharmacist and planing to move OMAN shortly. But unexpectedly so many visa rules and regulations have changed by now. 

Please clear me this issues :

1. If I join a company and after working for 2 yrs, Do I need NOC ( No Objection certificate) as per the new rules  from the employer to shift another employer.  ( I am aware that with in 2 yrs I can not shift to another employer). But i am totally confused about this NOC, Some are telling as per new rules I need NOC to move to another employer even after working for 2 yrs,

Some are telling NOC is needed only if I want shift to another employer after 2 yrs  with out coming back to India ( I.e visa transfer).

Anyone please clarify my confusion.

If you are lucky enough to be given an NoC by your employer, you can shift jobs internally.

NoC is required any time you wish to shift jobs.

Good luck.

Dear All,

i have been offered a faculty position in one of the universities in Oman. I submitted all my documents and was informed that the MoHE clearence was received against my application. I just wanted to inquire what is the further process and how much time would be required for visa to come.

Hi rubi74,

If the required clearances are in place then your employment visa can be issued in a matter of say about 48 hours. At most make it 72 hours - given it is Ramadan month.

If it takes any longer than that, then be warned that something is awry.

Good luck.

Hi Sumitran,

Thanx a lot for the answer. It was a great help. 

Please tell me if there is any other clearance other than MoHE as initially i was told that the whole process would take 3 weeks. After the MoHE clerance i was told to provide certain details and upon asking i was told to wait for 2-3 weeks. 

what does that mean and what should i expect?

Hi ,which pharmacy ?

Hi Sumithran

Thanks for your reply..

if an employer issues NOC, they won't get visa for that category.. is that correct?

babith wrote:

if an employer issues NOC, they won't get visa for that category.. is that correct?

Yes, if an employer gives an employee an NoC, then they lose that precious expatriate employment job clearance and they cannot fill that position with another expatriate. They would have to necessarily appoint an Omani for that job. That is why getting an NoC from an employer is extremely rare.