Regarding medicals

Hi All,

Could you please tell me the procedure for medicals , for employment visa for Oman. Considering the situation that I am in Oman right now, how do I go about it!?

hi!m just concerned about ur question that not somebody care about to answer, what u mean medical procedure?usually when u go for a company to work u should go for medical and result wl b afer the next day and this mdcal  is valid until ur visa is fnishd or some company  evry year u wl go for mdcal also when u go for anothe company like u wl change sponsor stil u do again vsa even the same year u went for medical

You can visa private hospital such as Bar Us Sama or AlRafah for the visa medical. Take your PP and two blue background PP size pics. cost is 22 OMR>

i want to ask also regarding visa, can i work in oman when im holding family joining visa? TIA :)

Well jolens22 as far as my information concern it used to possible to work on Family Joining Visa but i have heard that it is not possible anymore and need to get your own visa. you can check with www.rop.gov.om.

yes u can!

thankyou :)

but i guess no benefits right?

jolens22 wrote:

i want to ask also regarding visa, can i work in oman when im holding family joining visa? TIA :)

Hi jolens22,

Absolutely not.

To be employed, you need to be on a proper employment visa and you should be working only for that sponsor.

Who ever said 'yes you can' needs to get their facts straight.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the reply. My question continues. There are 2 sets of medicals to undergo right!? One before I get my employment visa, and one more after I start working,  which is done by MOH!!?

yes u cn go for a privaye hospitl for a mdcal  u wl pay 20 ryal n bader sl sama

I have many friends cme hre with a famly vsa  nd nw their wrkng n a cimpsny vsa!fu wbt to knw I wl refer u to them f hw they mske it!

oldmonk wrote:

Thanks for the reply. My question continues. There are 2 sets of medicals to undergo right!? One before I get my employment visa, and one more after I start working,  which is done by MOH!!?

Hi oldmonk,

Yes, there are 2 sets of medical tests to be done.

One prior to your coming to Oman and one after coming and before applying for the resident card.

Also, with every employment visa renewal there are blood tests to be done, once every 2 years.

Is that before obtaining the employment visa or after?!

Yes Sumitran. I got that. My question was considering that I am already in Oman, on a visit visa! Then do I still have to go 2 rounds!?

The answer to your query is yes.

For visit visa, medicals is not required.

For employment visa, medicals is required.

Okay Sumitran. Lemme explain. I have my contract in hand. Medicals at GCC gamca certified did not work for me. Hence I am planning on one more visit to Oman to get my medicals done there itself. So once I do my medicals there in Oman I will get my employment visa. However , after that before I get my labour card do I have to do the medicals again ?!
Now the second round has to be done by Oman right. Who are the authorised personnel there who do the medicals on behalf of the country!?

Yes, before you go for your resident card, after joining work, you have to do the medicals again in the Ministry of Health's Infectious Diseases Clinic / Health Centre located in Darsait.

Alright. Thankyou. Is there any in Salalah?!

Hello,
I'm from Algeria I've been in Oman one times in 2011 and I'd like to come back for expat and I'm looking for a job there nut I dont know how can I proceed ! I've a diploma in port and maritime management ! so pls do you have any idea for me ?

check first f there is work suitable for u, I advice u to check in dubizzile oman jobs  after u Do d procedure to cme here!

Hi Xenia. I already have a job there. In Salalah. But have issues with my medicals. That's why I am stuck up as of now

ic! then make everything prepared !good luck!

Good moorning Xenia , Thank you for information it's a very kind of you we keep on touch for other informations pls

Another latest news. And this person is vouching for it. He says that if you do your medicals and go to Oman within the next 3 months, then you don't have to repeat the medicals before the labour card!!!
Is that true!?

oldmonk wrote:

Another latest news. And this person is vouching for it. He says that if you do your medicals and go to Oman within the next 3 months, then you don't have to repeat the medicals before the labour card!!!
Is that true!?

FALSE.