Moving to Montego Bay

Hi all!! At the end of this month (july ´14) I will be moving to Montego Bay as football coach. I need advise as far as safety, costs, food..etc.  Also I will like to get in touch with people who can share their experiences in Montego Bay. 

One love! Carlos

I'm in the same boat. Got a job offer in mobay and wondering if there's any big negatives I haven't thought of. I know 2 Americans who live and work there but I'm looking for an unbiased opinion

There is plenty of advice on this forum about safety but it all comes down to commonsense. Find out the good and bad areas of where you intend to live. Stay away from the bad areas if on your own. Local friends are the best to cultivate and they should look after you. The cost of living at the present time is like watching an escalator continually gathering speed and items go up in price from week to week. You can buy all the imported food you can name in the large supermarkets...at a price! Better to eat the local produce and the chicken in jamaica is far healthier for you than the produce stuffed with growth hormones as some countries do. Get a free range chicken from a local who keeps some and you will  taste what chicken once tasted like.