"Self Sponsorship" is Health Insurance queries !

Bahrain allows self sponsorship for 3 categories :

i) The retired foreigner :
ii) The  foreigner who has an owner of a property in Bahrain
iii) The Foreign Investor:

Now all these 3 categories have one thing in common " A valid certificate of health insurance issued from the Kingdom of Bahrain "

So my dad is above 63 currently employed , but after his contract ends and retires in Bahrain , he needs health insurance to get "Permanent Residency"

So my question is , does the "health insurance" have to be year long ? till duration of CPR ? or just in time to show to the "LMRA" ?

Because for people above 60 , the insurance is too costly :/

Kindly assist me ,

And does Allianz provide health insurance in Bahrain ?

Thanks in advance  :cool:

The health insurance has to cover the full term of the residence permit. That is a condition of this kind of visa and the onus is on you to ensure you follow it to the letter.

However, I remember the authorities did not insist on comprehensive medical cover, which is certainly very expensive. What you could do is to get a cover that is limited to critical illnesses. This is what a friend of mine did a couple of years back. Do note, this is Bahrain - and details of rules could have changed. What was acceptable two years back may no longer be. So do check with the immigration authorities.

Most insurance companies have a special insurance package for senior citizens. Best wishes.