Offer Letter

I received offer letter from company since 2 months and till now they didn't send me employment visa.
Can the company ignore the offer letter and hire someone else?
Is it possible that visa for Egyptians takes long time to be issued?
Is there anything I can do?

Can anybody advice please

Thanks.......

semsemhsh wrote:

I received offer letter from company since 2 months and till now they didn't send me employment visa.
Can the company ignore the offer letter and hire someone else?
Is it possible that visa for Egyptians takes long time to be issued?
Is there anything I can do?

Can anybody advice please

Thanks.......

They can hire someone else if they think that person is better qualified than you for the position. 
Perhaps there are other factors like Ramadan and official paperwork hold up.
If I were you I would contact the company and find out what is going on.

lol, this reminds me of a friend who was offered offer letter and never given a visa after her visa expiration,lotssss go on here, 2 months is honestly too long not to be in by now,as said,you should call, but dnt keep your hopes too high anymore, test your feet in other waters as well

Thanx for all replies and all what u said is into consideration and to be honest that's  expected attitude from employers ,,, that's why even b4 I ask for your advice I forgot such job and believe I'll find better and I'll not bother myself and call them coz it's useless and humiliating manner I don't do.
Once again thanx 4 ur opinions...

Life here can be so nice yet clumsy at times, after offer letter, you have medicals to tackle again,all expats pray to pass,there has been mistakes too,so anything can go wrong from an offer letter to anything. Glad you are strong already,wish you well