Set up PTE in Bali

Hi,

I am planning to set up a PTE in Bali. Can anybody recommend a reliable trust worthy agent?
Please share your experiences if you are a business owner yourself. I have heard many different confusing stories so far. Many thanks for your help and advice.

Julia, I guess you mean a local PT.

What kind of business you are talking...that is important to know as otherwise nobody can assist you here....

With a PT you will of course be using a local partner (Balinese or other Indonesian). 

With your partner go to a recommended NOTARIS in the area where your business is to be established.  The initial filing fees are 10 million IDR and then the extras come in...leases, visas, business licenses, etc. etc.

Hi Happyhour!

thanks for your reply, I want to establish a marketing company here, my main office is already registered abroad but i think as I am planning to stay her for longer it might be better to set up an extra company for Bali. Can you recommend a good agent? or will it be possible to get through the small print myself?

Hi Ubudian,

I heard that a PT can only be owned or set up by two Indonesians. If a foreigner comes in to this the company would be automatically seen as a PMA (foreign investment company). Both business models have pros and cons so unsure at the moment which one to go for. I heard PMA has high complicated tax regulations -true? Thanks for your advice!

Do a search under PT Bali Ide and contact them.  They are excellent and can help.  I used to use them in years past and was always satisfied. 

I just set up a new PT here in Ubud, but having an Indonesian spouse makes things easy to go the direct route.   ;) 

Cheers, and good luck with your new company.

Hi Julia, I can not recommend anyone in Bali but Roy as "a local" will have the best ideas :cool:

If you have already a marketing office overseas, perhaps to open a rep-office in Bali will do also??

Royyyyyyy.....lol

Is it a secret or can we know what kind of marketing you do??