Visa for my Russian wife

I am English and so have no worries with a visa- not so with my wife. I am buying a housw in Portugal and obviously want my wife to come too.
Any ideas on the simplest way to obtain a visa would ber most helpful.
With thanks

Hi Silky1234 and welcome to the forum.

The first step is probably contacting the nearest embassy.
Have you done it yet?

Regards
Armand
Expat.com Team

With thanks. Going to the Portuguese embassy in the UK tmrw. I was hoping to touch base with someone who had already gone through the process.
The logistical concern is that my wife and I do not live in the UK but live and work in Oman work .
Regards
Mark

Hi Silky 1234,

After spending 3 months in Portugal, your wife has 30 days in which to apply for the residence card (Cartão de Residência) certifying her right to live in Portugal. She has to  address herself to the Aliens and Borders Department (Serviço de Estrangeiros e Fronteiras, SEF), after contacting the Contact Centre (808 202 653 (fixed line) or 808 962 690 (mobile) between 8.30 a.m. and 5.30 p.m.

More information, including on documents needed and links to the Portuguese authorities' websites,  can be found here: europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/residence/documents-formalities/non-eu-family-members-residence-card/portugal/index_en.htm

With thanks. That is very helpful
Now getting my head around this Schengen visa business- what a palava!
Warm regards