Lifestyle cost of living

Hi all
I m planning to move to Curitiba from India later this year and wanted to know  about lifestyle cost of living how big is Indian community can we get Indian groceries etc etc. Can someone please advise

Hi sameer_k,

Welcome to Expat.com!

A new topic has been created as from your post on the Curitiba forum for better visibility and interaction. ;)

Hi Sameer,

While there certainly are Indian citizens living in Brazil they're few and far between. It's not like you're going to find a large Indian community in any Brazilian city.

For cost of living information you can get relatively accurate figures at  www.numbeo.com  and type in the name of any city you want.

Also read High cost of living in SP and how to economize

Although it was written with São Paulo in mind it really does apply to any large Brazilian city.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

Thank you William for replying on all my 3 posts. I have plans to move to Curitiba from India and I understand there are some english speaking schools and that should be fine with me. Apart from this if you have any tips/suggestions (apart from exising blogs here), please let me know, that will certainly help me in making a correct decision, and thank you so much for dedicating so much of your time here, which is helping many people like me.