Getting passport for new born in KSA (Paki) & Exit Rentry (ASAP)

Dear Expats,

Good Morning/Assalamu Alaikum,

I would like to know how quickly one can get passport (Pakistani national) for a new born in Riyadh.  I will summarize the quickest (ideal case) as per my understanding.

1) You got the birth certificate from Ahwal Almadni (one day)

2) Take baby to the embassy and submit NICOP form and get the NICOP number (same day). I need confirmation of it. I know NICOP itself will come later on (may be after 15 days).

3) Then go to the passport section of the Pakistan embassy in Riyadh with the NICOP number and request for MANUAL PASSPORT ( because travelling has to be done asap). MRP (Machine Readable passport will be requested later on). Please confirm that Manual passport still provided by Pakistani Embassy.

4) Once Manual passport is in hand , fill the request for Iqama form from Jawzat and then go to the jawazat office and collect the iqama and after the process exit re-entry.

I summarize the above , I need confirmation , is all of the above is correct and achievable

I would be very thankful for your advice/experience in this regards.

JazaKALLAH/Thanks.

I have same concern.
I think you went through all this one year back.
Kindly update me.

0a- Before you go for #1, you've to get the birth announcement letter (خطاب تبليغ) from the hospital where baby was born.
0b- Log into your MOI account and get an appointment for visiting the Ahwal Madni office. Usually appointments are available for dates after 2 weeks (that also if you're lucky).

#2: NICOP number will be available after 2-3 days from form submission date. You may call a number in NADRA head office in Islamabad. Don't worry they'll give you this number.

#3: Manual passports are still issued on the same day. MRP takes 10+ days.

I will go to ahwal Al madinin in 5 days time.
I checked from jawazat.
According to them,  you can do another way also.
After birth certificate, take certificate of registration in Pak embasyy, then ask to add the kids to the mother or father passport. Go to jawazat,  you will get iqama in one day.
Once fly back to pak.
Apply for passport in Pak and then u can come to Ksa as you have iqama for kids.
My issue is to go to pak as soon as possible. Just for sake of kids and mother.

One impt info from jawazat.
You cannot get iqama on manual passport.
So valid way are 2:
* get kids nicop then passport then iqama and exit
* get you kid into yr passport then Iqama and exit.
Any info highly appreciated

VONDERLUST!    Are you sure that manual passports are not acceptable by Jawazat for Iqama?  Whereas, I have come to know that it isn't possible anymore to add baby to mother's or father's passport. what was your experience?

You have to apply for nicop and then MRP.
Nicop Number given in 4 days. MRP 7 days.
All on urgent/ executive basis.
Pak has now only has MRPs,  and follows one passport one person policy. Addition was only possible with old passports.
NADRA and embassy does good job for family issues esp kids. Take appointments and take your kid with you for Nadra and pasport issues.Manual passport cause much difficulty to jawazat.

Thank you so much for the reply.

We have to travel by the end of August and I wonder if I will be able to finish the process with in this period. This is what I am planning.

1. Apply for NICOP on fast track.
2. Make a manual Passport and forward it for Iqama Processing. (I have been re assured by my HR that Manual is still acceptable by jawazat for iqama)
3. Initiate MRP process in Parallel (on fast track), in case Manual pp doesn't work.

please advise if you think I should do it different.

One more question: do we need an appointment for NICOP and all? I was told that we can just walk in .

Thanks again for taking time out.

qaisarorakzai wrote:

Thank you so much for the reply.

We have to travel by the end of August and I wonder if I will be able to finish the process with in this period. This is what I am planning.

1. Apply for NICOP on fast track.
2. Make a manual Passport and forward it for Iqama Processing. (I have been re assured by my HR that Manual is still acceptable by jawazat for iqama)
3. Initiate MRP process in Parallel (on fast track), in case Manual pp doesn't work.

please advise if you think I should do it different.

One more question: do we need an appointment for NICOP and all? I was told that we can just walk in .

Thanks again for taking time out.

1. Apply NICOP
2. Once you have NICOP apply for computerised passport
3. Yes you can get the appointment for NICOP & Passport
4. Check again & make sure if manual passport is accepted in Jawazat, batter no to do this & wait for NICOP & Computerized passport

Go for fast track for both pay more & get early ,, Good Luck  :top:

Thanks Khattak :)

I will do the same - The earliest appointment I could get is on 27 August which too late, I will try a walk-in and see what happens.

Go for fast track they will welcome you in Nadra & also in passport , money opens the way Khan Sahib  :top:

Gentlemen,

LATEST UPDATES

NICOP

1. Took the birth certificated from Ahwal e Madania -

2. Got it attested from Ministry of Foreign  Affairs (MUST FOR NICOP NOW)

3. Translated the birth certificated from an authorized translator (Required for NICOP, or you can simply fill a form provided by NADRA right there)

4. Visited Pak embassy along with my family without any appointment for the NICOP Process. The process is easy but takes a bit time.

5. Received the NICOP Stamped Token, which you need to show when collecting NICOP after 15 days (Fast track they say)- while the NICOP number itself is available after 4 working days, and it can be inquired through telephone. (The process for MRP can be initiated using this number, even if the NICOP is not available.)

Manual Passport (For those who want to travel urgently)

1. Go to the section near main gate where you find people filling forms and copy shop, get the form filled for Manual passport - and get the baby photographed right there, attach all of the required documents. It costs only 30 riyals all together.

2. With the copy of NICOP Token and few other documents, submit a fast track application for Manual passport - which is ready the same day and can be collected between 3-4 pm.

3. JAWAZAT ACCEPTS the manual passport, as I was informed by the embassy officials that they(Jwazat) will accept till the end of 2016.

4. I Got the Iqama in 5 days ( the delay was from my HR not Jawazat)

--------------------
MRP

1. Inquire about your NICOP number on the given phone number on the token.

2. Go strait with family, and get the passport processed.

Hi.

Thanks for the information. Just need a little more clarification on the process after getting birth certificate from Ahwal Madni:

Once you get birth certificate from Ahwal e Madni,  is it required to be attested from MOFA or Chamber of Commerce? What are the documents & fee required for this attestation and how much time is required to complete this procedure?

regards,

Yes after birth certificate , get attested from MOFA , it takes 20 minutes or even less.
After this visit Pak embassy and get english translation of birthtibia certificate and apply for nicop.
After you get the nicop number which take 4-5'days , you have to come for passport.
Mofa fees is 35 sar I think.

hello everyone
can anyone tell me is the manual passport still accepted by jawazat for iqama?
and if you are going for final exit do you need iqama for new born for exit?
thanks