Information about jobs for Anglophones

Hi Everyone!

I am trying to get a bit of information about jobs for Anglophones... My family and I are planing a move to Guadeloupe in September so I can pursue school in Basse-Terrre. The main big fat question concerns my partner who is Anglophone and speaks very little French ( I am French), and we wonder how hard / easy it would be for him to find work?
He is a consultant in Marine Management and although he'd love to work in his field we are aware of the language limitations, so he'd be willing to work wherever the work is at least to start. Maybe teaching English, or restaurant/Hotel industry?
What are you thoughts, you lovely people already living on the island who went through this ?
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you
Maeva

Hi Maeva,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I have created a new topic as from your post on the Guadeloupe forum for better visibility and interaction.

Thank you,
Christine
Expat.com team

Thank you Christine!

We are looking to make our decision this week.. Any info will be greatly appreciated!! Thank you again!

Maeva

So it looks like we will be coming in September after all. Would anyone have suggestions for finding an affordable lodging when we arrive ? Looking for a furnished apartment !
Thanks you in advance!
Maeva