Hi i am looking for a job in somalia

Hi dear friends,

Good evening,I am a Indian and now I am working at Kenya as a Highway engineer,now I got a good offer from Somalia for a post of Highway Engineer,but I am not sure how secure Somalia,so please advise me,

Thanking you.

vvsrinivas wrote:

Hi dear friends,

Good evening,I am a Indian and now I am working at Kenya as a Highway engineer,now I got a good offer from Somalia for a post of Highway Engineer,but I am not sure how secure Somalia,so please advise me,

Thanking you.

The security situation is unstable in Somalia. In April 2014 2 UN Consultants were shot and killed by Al Shabaab gunmen. Most Embassies are urging their countrymen not to go to Somalia.
My advice to you would be to contact your Embassy for the latest advice.
Also ask your employer there about what security he has in place for his people. Your accommodation will need security, you will need secure transportation and security out in the field.
What evacuation plan is in place for you in case of an emergency. 
Does the employer have full medical insurance cover for you including medical evacuation.

I have lived and worked in conflict zones and so have an idea of what is needed for personal security and safety.

Dear friend,

Good Morning,Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

It is realy depending on the Region, as we know is the Country Somalia with ist old boarders not existing any more and has been divided into 3 parts, Somalia Land, Punt Land and Somalia.

Which of them is offering you a Job.

Oliver

In Magadishu,and its a UN project

If it is a UN project your safety will be the most important part of the project. You can ask them about safety for their employees. I worked for UNOPS in Afghanistan and South Sudan and safety was important.