To be a Woman in a new country (or Man and Woman: Recomm. for use)

everithigs you will read below is just my personal opinion and I don't want to offend anyone and own sensibilities.

In my life I always had good feeling with the men (hetero or gay, is the same :P ). For me is easily speak up with them, I think they are more simple in their mind: about work, friendship or relationship.
A lot of businesswoman thinks is better to have men collegue, because the women living and working in eternal competion with other women. I felt is like if the women always have somethings to prove.

Since I live in The Netherland I'have seen (I mean I felt) a different situation, almost the opposite: The woman are much more self-assured, in everithing they do, and often seems that the men have something to prove, as if they say: "hey, I'm different then other men!"

Maybe is because of my culture (a culture strongly focused on the householder, who have to take care of the own wife as if she is a porcelain doll) maybe because The Netherland is a Matriarchal society and the girls grow-up much more indipendents.

What is the role of women in your culture of origin? have you noticed differences than the country where you live now or in the countries where you have lived?

notice to the moderators: I tried to post in the Expat-cafè but I'm not sure I succeeded

Women and men are different in many way, not just the women have breasts, so many fat men do as well, but they tend to have emotions we men either don't have - or refuse to admit to.
That leaves women at a major disadvantage in many situation.
All this equality stuff is, and here's where I hide under the table, rubbish.

I'm a very strong believer in family values, and that means a stable, probably traditional, family where nature is respected.
In nature, most male mammals do the hunting whilst most female mammals look after the young, at least for a while after birth.
Of course, that doesn't mean the lady shouldn't have an equal say in the family; in my opinion, the wife should have a greater voice as she's in a far better position to know the needs of the children.
Children brought up in such a family tend to be well adjusted and lead better lives.
Equality will always fail, simply because nature doesn't allow it, regardless of how much politics of the day demands it.
Women are both physically and emotionally equipped to stay at home, looking after the family; men are not.

I'm pretty sure I'll get shouted at for that, maybe even told I'm a Neanderthal or misogynist, but you can't beat nature and, when people try, they usually cock up.

So your preconceptions were altered by living in another country.  Good.

Women in my culture of origin can do anything they want to do, including kick Bobby Riggs' and Fred's butt in tennis.

For me both are same and different , means you can take general thought about any man or woman......even if the most number of man or woman behaves in a same manner............

Find useful info to succeed in your expat project

OR