I'm a new member here. I'm from Manila and I want to have a life abroad because I'm so exhausted with my life now. I want to find my purpose of existence. Can anyone tell me how does it feels like to work to a country where you don't know anyone and is very different to your culture? Thank you!

Hello itsnika,

Being an expat, if you want to do it right, is expensive, time consuming and involves a lot of hard work and frustration with bureaucracy. But, that said it can be the most rewarding experience of your life.

You should really do your homework before any planned move. You should learn as much as you possibly can about the country, it's culture, the language (if not your native tongue), the laws and procedures that will effect you there, geography, history, etc. All of these things help you fit into that society and make it more "your home" too.

You need to be prepared not only to experience Culture Shock if you make a move to another country, most of us go through it you know. You must also be prepared that depending on how long you remain in your host country that you might even experience Reverse Culture Shock when you return home, you'll feel like a stranger in your own homeland, a fish out of water.

Just remember that this is not something to be taken lightly. Expatriation is very serious and you will be giving up a lot of things you've had all your life and have come to take for granted. You will be far from family and friends, you will need to face everything on your own and deal with a lot of things that may take you by surprise, but this will all make you a much stronger and independent person, as well as making you more cosmopolitan.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

Thank you very much :)

itsnika wrote:

I'm a new member here. I'm from Manila and I want to have a life abroad because I'm so exhausted with my life now. I want to find my purpose of existence. Can anyone tell me how does it feels like to work to a country where you don't know anyone and is very different to your culture? Thank you!

I would say if you are feeling exhausted now you should seriously think whether it is a good idea to go abroad where you will have even more things to cope with.

itsnika wrote:

There's one thing to know about moving country; you're still you.
If your surroundings are crap, moving to a new town can be very good news; if you have personal issues, it'll just make you lonely.

Hi i m new here...i can send msj

Oxipeaar wrote:

Never - your computer must be broken.

Oxipeaar wrote:

Why send a messgae when you can post on the forum for members to see and participate in the discussion.

If you want to send message ans are looking to date the OP then this is not a dating site.

You will not be able to use the PM system until you have posted a few more times on the forum and have taken part in discussions. No one line one word posts either.

it is natural....u should leav the place n explor the rest

itsnika wrote:

Can anyone tell me how does it feels like to work to a country where you don't know anyone and is very different to your culture?

It feels great.  But it rains a lot.

USA...is a kind of dream...so hard to become true...

Sometimes moving to a new place and starting life afresh can turn out to be rewarding

AlexKleine wrote:

USA...is a kind of dream...so hard to become true...

I had a feeling it was fictional.

Hi all.
I am new here and would like to become ur friend

Meet expats all over the world

OR