Useful tips for sleeping

Yep,  .the time has come:

The weather has reached the magical line of 35C and it will slowly higher  :joking:

For me it means that I have trouble to fall in sleep. I want to hear from you if you have the same problem and how you deal with it.

I use the fan but but that's not enough.

There are a number of things that you can try to help improve your ability to get to sleep:

If you find the fan just isn't enough perhaps you should invest in an air conditioner.

Avoid, coffee or any caffine, alcohol and tobacco before sleep time.

Try herbal tea (camomile tea is great) or warm milk at bedtime.

Eat a banana before bedtime, bananas are rich in natural triptophans which will help you sleep.

Get more exercise during the day, that way you'll be more tired.

Set a regular bedtime and stick to it.

Try getting up earlier, that will probably mean you'll be a bit more tired at bedtime.

Make sure the room is sufficiently dark and avoid lighted clocks.

Avoid taking naps during the day.

Don't sleep in, it will only make getting to sleep at night more difficult.

It may sound dumb, but keep your bed as a place for SLEEPING, not for watching TV, reading, work, crossword puzzles or any other thing that occupies your evening.... get your mind and body to identify it with SLEEP

If all else fails GET UP, do something quiet and non-stimulating and when you start to get tired then go back to bed.

Cheers,
James

Thanks William for your reply.

Most of your suggestions I do/don't already.
Will try to eat a banana at night or drink some chamomile tea.
I have this problem only in the summer while its warm at night (25 C) and with the Ramadan at the door its not going to help me either.