Household transfer of iqama

Assalamu alaicom
Hi, I have been a private tutor for 7 years but my iqama profession is household help. Now i want to find another possible job, my employer says that it is impossible to transfer my iqama unless to my husband's sponsorship. But my husband says it is impossible for me to work if he will be my sponsor.How true is this? Can I apply to any school or company and transfer my iqama? Please enlighten me about the visa or iqama tranfer regarding household help. Thank you.

Hi mairamaruhom.

Both of your employer and your husband are right, if you transfer your sponsorship to your husband you will be dependant to him and your working license will be cancelled since you are a wife.

To apply for a new job in school you must have your profession change to any profession which is related to school works and this is the whole problem, because your visa is for house works only

some people try to solve this problem illegally and paying a lot of money but i really do not recommend this kind of actions.

Regards,

Ahmed

Thank u so much ahmed.. so how can i change my profession into a teacher? Will it cost me a lot?

mairamaruhom wrote:

Thank u so much ahmed.. so how can i change my profession into a teacher? Will it cost me a lot?

I think you need to revise the labor's ministry office in your city to see if it is available or not, but I think it is available due to the new regulation from the minister of labour, but please do not listen to anybody telling that he can do it illegally.
The cost is 1000 S.R for changing the profession, no more than that

Regards,

Ahmed