How to bring my Fiancé from Tunisia to get Married? Help please

Hi all I'm new to this site
My name is Joanne and I am English and still living here. I have a Tunisian fiancé of over 12 months and would like to bring him to England to marry and start a family. I have searched the internet over and over again looking for some help and advice, and finally came across this site.
Please can anyone help me, all I'm after is someone to give me some advice.
Many thanks
Joanne x

Hello joanne and welcome on board :)

While waiting for a member who has been through the same process to help you out, I suggest you to read out our article Getting married in the UK to gather useful information.

Regards

Kenjee

crazyjoex wrote:

Hi all I'm new to this site
My name is Joanne and I am English and still living here. I have a Tunisian fiancé of over 12 months and would like to bring him to England to marry and start a family. I have searched the internet over and over again looking for some help and advice, and finally came across this site.
Please can anyone help me, all I'm after is someone to give me some advice.
Many thanks
Joanne x

Hi. How much actual time have you physically spent with this man? What do you know about him, his background and antecedents? What's the hurry about marrying? What are his qualifications and professional position? How would he support you while you are bringing this family up, whether in Tunisia or the UK?

You need to step back, get some money together and spend several months without a break with this person to make sure that you are compatible. Alternatively and in addition, he could support you while you are there together in Tunisia.

I do hope that it's not you who are supporting him! If that is the case, you will have grave difficulties in getting him to the UK, married or not. Unqualified people who will live on benefits are not welcome, as I am sure you have seen in the media. In any case, you would need a high income to sponsor him to come and it's not guaranteed, especially as they might guess that you'll be starting a family and he would have to support you with benefits.

hi joanne in order to bring him over you have to earn over 18600ka a year or atleast you have to work 6 months in the same job with 1600 pounds a month it will be very easy for him to joint you here i hope everthing will be all right for you guys and dont forget to invite us for the weeding hhhhhh see yaa

Yes, that's the baseline. However, it does not automatically - thankfully - guarantee entry to all and sundry. They will also look at your relationship and at him.

Please get back to us. Is he working? What does he do? Could he support you while you spent a few months in Tunisia with him to see if you are compatible?

If the answer to these questions is either "No"" or "Nothing", you are on a hiding to nothing plus years of heartbreak and/or financial ruin. In that case, run a mile.

Hi, thanks for the advice, yeah he works at a fast food shop. I'm actually going back to Tunisia in august for a couple of months to see if I could live out there, but I'm really not keen.
I have seen stories of English women being used for access to the U.K. But I believe he's not doing that, he's never asked me for anything and it was me who suggested about living over here. I had a good chat with a member on Sunday who private messaged me and gave me lots of advice. And I will be putting that advice to good use, believe me.

Hi Joanne, a good day to you,

I had been following your thread since it surfaced, I find the comments of our friend Laduqesa most appropriate and appealing.

I have seen a lot of  young (and many times not so young )English ladies going east on holidays or short visits where they meet a 'Darker' guy fall in love with him, have a thrilling time and upon their return keep dreaming if they could 'salvage' a portion of the 'romance' they left behind.

In most cases this relationship fizzles out over a period of time when you come to terms with the realities of life and the competitiveness one is faced with in today's environment.

My suggestion is, do not rush things....