Is original degree certificate required for Kuwait work visa

I am from India.I got a job offer  in Kuwait. I attested my degree certificate from HRD,MEA and Kuwait embassy in India. HR(in Kuwait) asked me to send my original degree certificate to him to apply Kuwait work visa. Is the original degree certificate  really required for applying Kuwait work visa. why they need original certificate,is  scan or photostat copy not enough.I am little bit  afraid to send the  original certificate. Please advise me on this.

I took mine certificate and a copy of the certificate to a lawyer and he Notorized it as a true copy.  I gave this copy which has the lawyer's certificate attached.  This was okay for my employer.

Recently they start asking about the original one.if your employer have a wasta then they will accept the copy.

As per my knowledge,for visit visa they need degree certificate thst to photo copy & for work visa am not sure they need original certigicates. Check in kuwait embasy in mumbai.

Thank you all for the reply. Why they need original certificate ,the certificate already attested by HRD, MEA and Kuwait embassy India.Will they go for university verification that's the reason they need original certificate.? Normally university verification takes long time.

KevanV wrote:

I took mine certificate and a copy of the certificate to a lawyer and he Notorized it as a true copy.  I gave this copy which has the lawyer's certificate attached.  This was okay for my employer.

I need to find a notary public in kuwait, or a lawyer able to certify true copies of my degrees. I need to send those copies abroad. Does anyone know where I should go to get this job done?

HI Man1234,

I too in a same situation.. my employer is asking me to send the original degree certificate to Kuwait after HRD, MEA & Kuwait embassy attestation is completed. Can you please let me know if it is a correct process? I am planning to send it in 1-2 days. Please reply ASAP.

Yes Imthiyaz, You have to send the original degree certificate to employer for applying visa.

hey dear,

yes, in order to apply for the working visa, they need the original university degree, it's mandatory .. you will get it back once they issue your civil ID.

gd luck

CAN I GET THE PROCEDURE DONE WITH COPY OF MY ORIGINAL DEGREE CERTIFICATES.

jameela fayez wrote:

CAN I GET THE PROCEDURE DONE WITH COPY OF MY ORIGINAL DEGREE CERTIFICATES.

NO