Teaching in Chile, but NOT Santiago???

Hi Guys,

You have probably answered this a million times, and I have the usual story.

Teacher looking for a job in Chile. Now, before you groan and redirect me, I DON'T want to teach in Santiago.

So, my ideas are Valparaíso, Iquique, Vina del Mar.... those kind of places...

Something a little warmer ( I AM from the sunny part of Australia), a little less crowded and a bit more country.

I have lived in rural Japan ( with little Japanese ability) and rural Thailand ( really no ability) and have been ok. And I AM studying Spanish at the moment, so the language thing really doesn't bother me.

Am I crazy to try and find jobs out at these places?  I will be visiting different areas to see if I like them, and I understand Chile is a "who you know" kinda country job wise. But will it be really difficult??

I have a Bachelor degree , a TESOL cert and will be doing my CELTA in January (sigh).... That coupled with a knowledge (even slight) of Spanish should help me out right??

Thoughts??

Do you want to work in a school? as an english teacher like a primary? or in a institute of languages for olders?, for the second i think will just has a TOFEL or a similar certification you could teach, there are two big english institutes in Chile one is Tronwel (they teach japanes as well) and Wall Street Institute.  For the first issue, i read before, that you need to do a public test and give all the documents of your career of your university in the international relationship embassy of Chile.

Now i will redirect to you!

http://caspiroleta.wordpress.com/2008/0 … -en-chile/

Would rather be in a school, with regular hours. I do not want to teach adults.

I haven't heard about having to give that information to the embassy, .... I do not want to be a volunteer which is what searching that takes me to.