Starting a Business in Bahrain

Are there any special processes you need to go through to start a business in Bahrain?  Would this help me with my CPR card?

Dear CuriousB,

I guess the below link should give you enough information about starting a business

http://www.bahrain.com/en/bi/setting-up … 6u8i_mSxmU

If someone else on this forum has already gone through the process i am sure they will reply back with more info!

T&R
Arjun

Thanks, already reviewed this link and did not find the answers.  Would enjoy talking with a spouse that came here with working spouse and then started their own business.

Thanks so much for the reply.

B

Hi
It is great to do business in Bahrain. although they allow Bahraini and GCC nationalities only to do businesses in Bahrain.
The other brocedures are normal things
I can help you if you need further info

thank you for the information.

You will need a Bahrani sponsor to set the business up for you. That is something you find more from luck than anything else

I don't think there is a need to have a Bahraini sponsor now. There are certain qualifying investment criteria. If these are met you could set up a business on your own.

Yeah, the criteria we were told was 10,000BD holding deposit which we didn't have. Must rent an office as no business can be done from home and all the other costs were horrific. With a sponsor they provide a certificate of deposit and no money changes hands. You still need the office though (some building rent virtual office addresses) Very, very expensive way to get your CPR.

I think it depends on the type of the company you want to set up. As far as I know, for WLL, you don't need a sponsor.

I work for a WLL company, that has office worldwide. We HAVE to have a sponsor who is Bahrani. End of story. Only way around it is to give a huge cash deposit to the ministry. Not worth it.

Better to always post what you know rather than what you think you know to avoid confusion to the members here.

Hello Jo,

As usual, you are wrong and/or opinionated in your views on this forum. Please read this http://www.bahrain.com/en/bi/setting-up … 7O7tvmSxX4

This website is Bahrain Economic Business Development Board. If you look at the section 5, it clearly says:

5. Do I need a Local Sponsor to form a WLL Company?

No. Local sponsor is not required and 100% foreign ownership is allowed

Partnership Company

A Partnership Company is a company without limited liability, formed between two persons or more under a specific name, and in which partners assume joint responsibility, to the extent of all their entire personal assets, for the partnerships debts and liabilities.

Main features of this company type are:

Unlimited liability
Banking and insurance activities are not allowed
Local operations are allowed
Local office presence is required
Minimum share capital is not applicable
The minimum number of partners and promoters required is 2
The number of directors required is 2
Local sponsor is not required
100% foreign ownership is allowed