Do you want to be part of my documentary on expats?

Hi all,

My name is Alexandra. I'm going to be in Europe for 2 months beginning in late August. I do not have a set itinerary yet, but one of the things I want to do there is to talk with expats and other people who have chosen an alternative life style. So I'm writing you to see if you would like to be interviewed or you know of anyone I should interview.

My project is not just about expats, but interviewing expats is a very important part of it. My mission is to speak with people who have managed to live a life without putting their deepest desires in the "I'll do it later pile." But that's not it. I'm looking for people who fit this criteria AND who can say that they still have found time in their lives to explore leisure activities and/or their relationships. In other words, I am seeking people who have managed to make a life that works for them without sacrificing their well being.

This may seem like a no brainer to you, but I find people like this to be a rare breed. In my country, I'm from Philadelphia and just moved from New York City, there is this model of the ambitious person who follows their dreams but that person is also usually a workaholic (The American Dreamer so to say). We have gotten to a point where we are idolizing people who don't sleep and people continually brag about their overwhelmingly busy lives on social media as if it's a badge of honor. Finding a job where you are not expected to work over 40 hours a week is becoming increasingly harder and the idea of what constitutes as success and "saving the world" has become more and more vague (If you've seen the show Silicon Valley you'll know the joke about the app developers all claiming their product will "save the world.")

About my Europe Trip:

I will be traveling around the continent. I'm very flexible about where I will go, even though this is not just a film shoot, it's also my first long-term vacation. I would love to speak with you and get some ideas about how you make living abroad work so that I can learn for myself as well as share your wisdom with others who would love to hear your story.

I'd also like to know where the best places to find expats are, and where you enjoy going in Europe in general - some place that is special, has low budget options, and is perhaps yet well known by the tourist track?

Would love your help in assisting me with these questions. I am very happy to have found this community.

Thank you for reading,

Alexandra

Hi,

Yes, I want to take part !

Get back to me..

Zeroun

Your post sounds like you want to have everything possible, but for what?
I think you need to be a bit more specific if you want to get useful replies.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Hi Alexandra,
wich kind of information do you need?
I need to know somethings more about you, about your interestes, your project for the future...What does "good life" mean for you?
If you are an artist you can go everywhere in Europe, starting from my country - Italy -  going to the country that hosts me - The Netherlands - an then France, Spain, Portugal, United Kingdom and ALL Northern Europe .... But there are countries such as Italy that are wonderful to visit and to know them deeply, but aren't suitable to a healthy lifestyle...what kind of activities are you interested in?

I apologize in advance for grammatical errors, my English is not perfect, yet

Hi all, I updated my question to make it more specific. I apologize for being vague the first time around.

Where is it any clearer now?!?

Can you be more specific about how you want me to be more specific? ;) Not sure what's confusing you.

Meet other expats and join the events

OR