Live in Gibraltar... School in Spain?

We are moving to Gib next year with hubby's work. Is it possible to send our children to a school in Spain if we live in Gibraltar? I see this as an opportunity for our children to learn the language fully
= )

Hello Emac3!  :cheers:

Welcome on board!

Regards

Kenjee

I do not live in Spain or Gibraltar but from reading posts on this forum the biggest bugbear is the border crossing which takes hours sometimes. Seems there are 10,000 movements a day. I suggest you check out the posts about this.

Emac3 wrote:

We are moving to Gib next year with hubby's work. Is it possible to send our children to a school in Spain if we live in Gibraltar? I see this as an opportunity for our children to learn the language fully
= )

I very much doubt it unless you send them to a private school.

However they will learn Spanish in the school playground in Gibraltar.

English is the official language here and is the language of education but Spanish is the most commonly used language amongst the local population. ( usually of poor quality though, known as Llanito http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Llanito )

Why not live in Gibraltar and work in Newcastle that way you could learn Geordinian.

Now that's an idea!

I didn't think it would take that long to cross the boarder... Think we'll stick to home educating. Thank you

The length of time it takes to cross the border varies with no set times as to when is the best time to attempt it! The schools in Gibraltar are very good (both my children are in school here) and if you were to send your children to school in Spain the standard of education is not on a par with the UK. Gibraltar schools follow the National Curriculum. Good luck whichever you decide is right for your family  :)