Bahrain pregnancy

Hello,

Can anybody please offer advice on having a baby in Bahrain with no maternity medical insurance and the difficulties (or ease) involved.

Thank you.

Hello there and welcome to the forum. Is there anything in particular you would need help about? If you are looking for your child's care, yes you can go to hospitals and get treated. You don't have to have an insurance to be able to do that.

If you are asking for anything else, let us know. Good luck!

If you are a legal resident of Bahrain with a CPR, you can get treated at the government medical facilities for nominal charges.

Thank you for the welcome although I've been here a few months now and chatted to you both before :)

I'm looking for a good obstetrician that provides a maternity package that won't be paid by medical insurance. I've contacted a few but I'm looking for recommendations too if anybody has them?

Am pregnant here in bahrain and am going for my medical for cpr next week.will they arrest me if they know am pregnant.because my friend told me that they will arrest me because am not married.

hello Damilola,

Please note that this thread is quite old however, due to circumstances, I prefer leaving your post here itself. Hope someone will help you.

All the best,

Bhavna

Delivering without being married is an issue.  Being pregnant is not.