Work in Malaysia

hello, i just want to ask if it is easy to find work in Malaysia? Are companies accepting foreign workers and sponsor a work pass?

Hi realistically your chance of legal work as a Fillipino is 1 in 100,000. Some idea of your skills/experience would be good, But if you have a Business Admin degree and are under 27 your chances are 1 out of a billion. If over 27 and in and in an expert field then odds shorten to >1 out of 10.

not really :P  better to search for HR and recruiters in Linkedin

Unless  you are in oil and gas, the only opportunities are probably as a foreign worker. That means low paid jobs as Service Desk operatives or working in bars and pubs for RM1,300 per month max.

Gravitas wrote:

Unless  you are in oil and gas, the only opportunities are probably as a foreign worker. That means low paid jobs as Service Desk operatives or working in bars and pubs for RM1,300 per month max.

My cleaner earns 3-4k a month tax free! Indo lady no education married to a Malay. But that means no work permit hassles. Otherwise illegal work and/or Beach Club "style of work" is popular judging by all the raids recently in the papers. Malaysia is a small country and doesn't need lots  of foreign labour except for the "dirty" hard low paid  jobs no one else wants. Phillipines has skyrocketing rates of unemployment due to massive incompetence of its government and massive over population. So hardly surprising there are many looking for jobs anywhere. But supply>>>>>demand. easier to go to UK. When I was in hospital in UK every nurse was Fillipino except the head nurse. Although that is before UK government went anti-immigration, but I suspect an easier place to get a job than Malaysia as a foreigner especially in practical work areas.

btw Linkdn is totally worthless full of spammers!

There are many MNC based in Malaysia. I know of a Filipino who worked in IBM Philippines and then did an internal transfer to IBM Malaysia. Perhaps you stand a better chance via internal transfer. But who am I to say as I am a Malaysian but moved out of the country 5 years ago. All the best!

Thanks for the infos.. ,^^

Hi, looking to move from China to KL and looking for job , I saw lately an ad from Asia Job Finder company is looking for several jobs, can u recomend???
Thx. :)

The best way is to apply for vacancies directly to companies who are advertising them on their website. Some of the headhunting recruiters, such as Michael Page and Robert Walter can be more successful, especially the latter. But using sites such as career jet and Jobstreet are really aimed at local employees. So if you identify the international players in your line of work, find out if they are recruiting and apply direct, you stand a better chance than just posting a CV somewhere and risk being contacted by job scammers.

There are rules for who qualifies for an employment pass in Malaysia related to salary. For those seeking work related to their professional qualification it is RM5k per month, minimum age 27 (23 for ITC jobs). There is also another category called foreign workers who can only come from certain countries (Iran is unfortunately not one of them) and are limited to the type of jobs they can seek, e.g. service, manufacturing, plantations, etc. Foreign workers usually pass around job opportunities among themselves and their family and friends back home, as the recruitment has to take place from their home country and not if they are already in Malaysia.

The issuing of the first employment pass (work permit) usually also requires a person to be outside the country and have an offer of employment from a company authorised to hire foreigners.