Moving from the Cape to Kuwait!

Hello, my name is Heidi and I live in Durbanville, Cape Town.  I am married and have a 7 year old son.  My husband has been offered a contract in Kuwait City and I was wondering whether you could give me some advise on where to stay as a South African be it a 45 year old one!!!  Also need to know if you know of other South Africans who have kids and which schools they send them too.  Would also like info on rentals and what it costs for a 2-3 bedroom flat.  Any other useful information would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks and kind regards

Heidi

Hello Heidi,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I think that this article may provide you with some useful information : Find the best location to live in Kuwait.

Thank you,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Dear Priscilla

Many many thanks for a very interesting and useful article.  Any advise on schools.  My son is 7 and has ADD. 

Kind regards

Heidi

Any information on professionals who deal with ADD in Kuwait will be valuable. I think I will create a thread for that.

The Schools in Kuwait are expensive and not too good from what I have heard, but then again my offspring is not going to school yet so don't take my word for granted.
My wife though is a therapist and she has experience with treating kids so she can advise you where to get help if needed. Many times the ADD is misdiagnosed and the problem is somewhere else.