Looking for Ecuadorians

Hi,
I'm a world traveler and actually I'm Australian, but my boyfriend is Ecuadorian and I'm wondering if there are any Ecuadorians out there who can help us with information about coming to Australia if you are Ecuadorian. Is it difficult to come here as a tourist? How easy is it to extend your visa if you come here. What criteria do you need. How has it been living in Australia for you?

Cheers your personal experiences will really help us.

Hi Else McAndrew and welcome to Expat.com :)

I have created a new thread with your post on the Australia forum for more visibility and for a better interaction with the other members. Here Ecuadorians living in Australia may find it more easy to get in touch with you.

Thank you and have a nice day,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Else McAndrew wrote:

Hi,
I'm a world traveler and actually I'm Australian, but my boyfriend is Ecuadorian and I'm wondering if there are any Ecuadorians out there who can help us with information about coming to Australia if you are Ecuadorian. Is it difficult to come here as a tourist? How easy is it to extend your visa if you come here. What criteria do you need. How has it been living in Australia for you?

Cheers your personal experiences will really help us.

Check out this website www.communitiesonline.org.au  there is an Ecuadorian friendship society on this site which may put you in contact with Ecuadorians in Australia. Just scroll through the index and click on the site.

Hi Else
I was wondering how you went getting your boyfriend over here? I'm now in a similar position. we were thinking of just applying for a holiday visa to begin with so we and go from there. I just don't know where to start. thanks
Hannah