Is my salary OK?

Hi,

I got an offer of USD 1000 as net saving potential + local salary of 90000 naira for expenses. Is it a good offer/ can anyone tell me what is average monthly expenses at Lagos in case acomodation,conveyance and utility charges are being paid by company?

Hello Ram2110 and welcome on board :)

kindly note that your post is now on the Lagos Forum so as to help you get better visibility and response to your query.

Regards

Kenjee

Hi
Your offer will work provided all accommodation and transport is covered by your company
Check transport as this is expensive and erratic
Try negotiating the local expenses up a little to 150,000 - 200,000 Naira per month
I assume your numbers are monthly
Typically a meal will cost Naira 1,000 in a chicken type shop with African food
Spend would be N5,000 per day which is 150,000 per month
Keep USD1,000 - 2,000 in store locally for flight or evacuation

Im spanish, are you know in Nigeria?

Hello!
Could anyone tell what is the average salary for expats working in Nigeria. My working sphere - is a cosmetics sales. I conduct trainings, stage performances as well analitical reports. Recently I got an offer, however haven't yet discuss the details. So I want to know in advance what is the avarage salary for expats in Nigeria, in USD.

Thank you!

@ ales do u use what's app let talk there I'm in nigeria since 2010 salary depends on ur experience and also the company u want to join.

Ales.Yelena wrote:

Hello!
Could anyone tell what is the average salary for expats working in Nigeria. My working sphere - is a cosmetics sales. I conduct trainings, stage performances as well analitical reports. Recently I got an offer, however haven't yet discuss the details. So I want to know in advance what is the avarage salary for expats in Nigeria, in USD.

Thank you!

Try this site it may help www.payscale.com

ram210
if you are a bachelor then local salary is average for you but if you are with the family its not enough....

Les Pat wrote:

Hi
Your offer will work provided all accommodation and transport is covered by your company
Check transport as this is expensive and erratic
Try negotiating the local expenses up a little to 150,000 - 200,000 Naira per month
I assume your numbers are monthly
Typically a meal will cost Naira 1,000 in a chicken type shop with African food
Spend would be N5,000 per day which is 150,000 per month
Keep USD1,000 - 2,000 in store locally for flight or evacuation

You spend #5000 a day? eating what if i may ask?
Dont tell me you eat at an intercontinental restaurant morning, afternoon and night.

Now to the question, if you get a cooker in your home, you cant finish half of that amount that is eating breakfast and  or dinner at home and eating in a fancy restaurant in the afternoon. But it depends on your taste