New online Ecuador guide

Hello everyone,

Is Ecuador your dreamland? If you are about to expatriate there, we invite you to read the Ecuador expat guide which we have just updated with new articles. We thus wish to help you to better prepare your move and to settle down in the country. You can have a look at the articles by clicking on the following titles:   

Generalities
Discover Ecuador

Formalities
Retirement in Ecuador

Visas
Visas in Ecuador

Work
Work in Ecuador
Work in Quito
Work in Guayaquil
Work in Cuenca
Setting up a business in Ecuador

Accommodation
Accommodation in Ecuador
Accommodation in Quito
Accommodation in Guayaquil
Accommodation in Cuenca

Health care
Health care in Ecuador

Bank
Opening a bank account in Ecuador

Tax
Taxes in Ecuador

Transports
Transports in Ecuador

Driver's license
Driving in Ecuador

Removal
Moving to Ecuador

Communications
Phones and internet in Ecuador

Miscellaneous
Ecuadorian lifestyle: Ama la vida
Traveling to Ecuador with your pet   

If you have already moved to Ecuador, you can as well share your experience with the other members by sending us your comments and suggestions.

You can also write an article in the participative guide  or contact us to participate in the Interview Section.

Enjoy the reading!  ;)

Regards,
Expat.com Team

The Cuenca Highlife website is an excellent source on happenings in Cuenca and La República.  I check it out at least a few times a week, especially for Ecuador News.

Currently, two articles caught my interest --

Jeff Van Pelt's comprehensive report on adjusting to life in Ecuador -- including the importance of learning Spanish ... factors that enable some Expats to adjust well, while others do poorly and often leave ... and comments on avoiding the experience of isolation.

I especially liked his recommendation against pontificating to other Expats about how they are ‘guests' in the ‘host' country.

The other article is about the jockeying in Ecuador's presidential race.  Ecuador will vote in its first new president in ten years in early 2017.  We don't argue politics on this forum, yet it's only natural that newcomers to Ecuador would be interested in Decision 2017 at least in broad outlines.  Get your EC political fix at www.cuencahighlife.com ....

cccmedia