Groups in Compiegne

I am just recently arrived in Compiegne from Ireland. I am interested to know if there are any groups for expats here.

Hi, not sure about groups as I have just arrived here. I see there is an Irish pub in town if you wanted to meet up for a Guinness or two!
Cheers
Steve

Hi Steve.
That could be an idea.
Irish Pubs in name only I am afraid..... a few old shillelaghs and stuff but no Irish people or ambience really.
I am away for 2 weeks now but afterwards could meet in one of those depots I suppose.
Where in Compiegne are you?
I live in Royallieu at present near the Jewish War Memorial and also near Intermarche.
John

Hi John, not exactly sure of the district, but I am about 10 to 15 minute walk from the town centre and main bridge, south of the river. Seems like a nice area, and not nearly expensive as Paris!

Let me know when you are around, I get the feeling the two of us could be "the group"!

Cheers

Steve

Steve,

It could welll be the case..... Mind you I was in Guangzhou China and met a lady from my own town on the street.

I am back about 8th August

You could be near me.
Are you near the Jewish Memorial place?
I am near Intermarche and the Blue Church.
John

Just had a look at google maps, and I am not far from the hospital. So more or less the same neighbourhood by the look of things.

Steve

Yes can meet soon when I return.
Are there any bars near you?
John

Just found the ones in town so far, need to do some more investigating! Only arrived last Friday so still checking the place out.

Let me know when you are around, we can grab a beer or two.

Steve

ok
no problem .... talk then.

Great, look forward to it.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Steve,

You can text me on....

Hi John,
Sure will send you a message today.

Cheers

Steve

Just to check, is that +44 in front of your number? If you like, we could meet up forsome beer and food tonight?

Steve

My number is +44 7474 888645

Cheers,

Steve

mine is a French number... I am busy this evening actually.

Hi Steve,
Have you got your social scene going or still open to new people?  Also, do you ever cross the border and come into Paris - I'm on West side of Paris so central is better for me..
Laura

Hi Laura,
I'm not sure if "going" is the right word, as I have only found one other person who is from Irleand! I am down in Paris now and again and also for work. I will be away until Saturday, so could meet up for a coffee and a chat Saturday afternoon if you are around?
Cheers
Steve

Hi Steve,

Meant to get back to you earlier this week but a bit busy at work to think after hours...
Am busy this weekend but free next weekend.

What a week for Scotland though - still trying to take it all in really.

Laura

Hi Laura,

No problem, things getting busy for me too. I'll email again next week and we can see if maybe the following weekend is better!
Yes, not sure what this means for our country, I guess we shall see over the next weeks and months.

Cheers,

Steve

Hello,

Am Irish from Dublin. Living in France for over 25 years and Compiègne for four years. Just back from Dublin in fact.

If anyone up for a chat?
Cheers,
David

I'm around if anyone is free...

Hello, presume you are in Paris. Pity as just off to the centre of Compiegne. A coffee and chat would have been nice.

All the best, David

ou can contact me on
[email protected]
I am in Compiegne and live near near Monoprix.Ibis Hotel
email me and I can send phone number