After 5 months...

I was supposed to be here back in February.  After only 5 "short" intense months I am now on the ground in Jeddah.

Arrived this morning on the flight from Dubai, landing about 340am, and was in and out of the airport in less than an hour.  As I've always said, God watched out for children and fools - and I'm both.  Passport, bags & customs in less than 45 minutes so I had no complaints.

Well, now for the adventure to begin! 

Rigger

All i can say now is welcome to this great nation.I hope you have a pleasant and cheerful stay.
Now lets make a toast to that  :cool: ,oh right ,i almost forgot  {silly me} with water of course. :lol:

Djzubaid wrote:

All i can say now is welcome to this great nation.I hope you have a pleasant and cheerful stay.
Now lets make a toast to that  :cool: ,oh right ,i almost forgot  {silly me} with water of course. :lol:

Too funny, DJ.   Whatever it takes!!

Rigger64 wrote:

I was supposed to be here back in February.  After only 5 "short" intense months I am now on the ground in Jeddah.

Arrived this morning on the flight from Dubai, landing about 340am, and was in and out of the airport in less than an hour.  As I've always said, God watched out for children and fools - and I'm both.  Passport, bags & customs in less than 45 minutes so I had no complaints.

Well, now for the adventure to begin! 

Rigger

Glad you made it to Jeddah safe and sound :top: . Hope you'll enjoy your stay and make the most out of it. Please do share your adventures  :cheers:

lina,
welcome to saudi arabia. We all missed you a lot.

Welcome to Jeddah.Summer + Ramadan are the best times to start a life in Saudi  :D [b]

Buy yourself a copy of Destination Jeddah, Whats up Jeddah, Jeddah Today 2014 and Farsi Map of Jeddah and you are good to go.*[/b]

*For more information, feel free to contact me  :cool:

Welcome to Jeddah.

In and out of airport with less than an hour is an achievement for first timer. Did your company agent receive you ?

You're off to a good start :D

ahmadaq wrote:

[b]Welcome to Jeddah.Summer + Ramadan are the best times to start a life in Saudi  :D :

Um...  Summer+Ramadan...  Lets see... Too hot to think and everyone's on holiday so they don't see you "not thinking"?

R

hamudi wrote:

Welcome to Jeddah.

In and out of airport with less than an hour is an achievement for first timer. Did your company agent receive you ?

You're off to a good start :D

First time to Jeddah and the Kingdom, but def not first time traveler.  Airport/passport worker looked at me, probably suspecting me to be a neophyte, and pointing me towards passport line WITHOUT anyone working it...  Not happening.  As soon as he turned around I went to the shortest line and moved through without issue.  The customs inspection process was a bit of a joke and I'm glad I wasn't smuggling anything dangerous. 

So far so good.

Rigger64 wrote:

First time to Jeddah and the Kingdom, but def not first time traveler.  Airport/passport worker looked at me, probably suspecting me to be a neophyte, and pointing me towards passport line WITHOUT anyone working it...  Not happening.  As soon as he turned around I went to the shortest line and moved through without issue.  The customs inspection process was a bit of a joke and I'm glad I wasn't smuggling anything dangerous. 

So far so good.

Yea first time as in Jeddah I meant...haha good stuff.

Basically all agents have the authority to process your visas, Saudi Counter, Exit Reentry counter, umrah counter but they lazy out and segregate it.

Hope that Emirates flight was fun ;) lots of languages spoken :D

well come back