Visiting CR beginning in November.

Hi,
My wife Laurie and I are visiting CR beginning in November. We have located lodgings using AirBnB and VRBO in Atenas through our first three months. We will probably spend some time in Panama as well.
Although we may want to relocate in Costa Rica eventually, for now we are just experiencing life as international gypsies. I am retired and Laurie sometimes takes short term assignments. We have been alternating adventure travel with house sitting assignments. We been house sitters in Australia, Canada and are currently taking care of a nice home in Arizona (where it is about 102F every day all summer, btw).
In addition to Western Australia, our foreign travel has taken us to Bali, Thailand and Tokyo. We want to explore Costa Rica as tourists, and  hopefully also get to know some expats and Ticos and learn our away around. We want to experience the beaches, the mountains and the larger towns. We are already pretty sure we won't want to spend much time in San Jose; we don't prefer cities.
We write about our adventures on our blog at joyfuljourneying.com (  I hope that it is oK to put that here) and are always interested in getting to know life-minded folks.
Talk to you all on the boards.

Neil-Hi--am glad to read your new intro! I am Gary, age 66, retired, and just now doing research to follow my life dream to live in foreign country--and i have a variety of choices---and after reading your experience so far--i would love to do what you have done--live in variety of countries!! i am looking into Heredia-Costa Rica, Chiang Mai-Thailand, Romania, Ukraine, Philippines, Panama, Australia, and more. I have never heard or thought of house sitting as way to live in foreign country.
I went to your website--and tried to subscribe but Safari will not open it--says it is a RSS feed? Tell me how to do this, so can keep in touch with you.
my email address is [email protected]

wow--i read over some part of your website articles--wow--what a length of traveling to foreign countries--never before have i seen or read anything like this! And the values you share--lists for everything thought of..
Yes i have much more to do before leaving in 4-5 months..
i would love to keep in touch with you--for many questions i have...
ciao gary