Expat groups

Hello,
Me and my wife have just purchased a property in Kerguzul near Plouray, Brittany France. We were wondering if there are any Expat groups or meetings in the local area, We would love to share your experiences of the area as we plan to retire there in 2021. We love the Brittany area of France because of its similarity to our present rural location in Penistone near Sheffield. We will be integrating ourselves in the local community as I have seen from other questions on the subject this is the best way to become FRENCH. However thought I would contact ex Brits to share their respective knowledge and advice. Thanks.

Hello Ade & Tina

Welcome on board

:cheers:

Have you tried A.I.K.B. in Gouarec and Pleurdut for meeting expats - masses of them. 
They not only do French classes, conversation classes but also run 'Clubs' in Art,  Story Writing, Photography, Archery,etc.   They arrange visits to places not normally open to the public, Give talks on a multitude of subjects.  Have local fairs, social events, advice forums etc.   They also have a library of english books.
They are also offer great help with French tax, etc. and much more.  Look them up on the Web - they have a large membership.

Hello Trica Ley,

And welcome on board!

Thank you for your assistance.   Just for info it's already been a while since last post on this thread. 

But we hope you have some feedback anyway ;)

Marjorie

Hi. Only just signed up to this site. Been in Brittany 6 yrs now . I see it was some time ago that you posted but if your still on here get in touch.