Lotus IV compound

Good afternoon, EB family!

I've found out my accommodation will be at the Lotus 4 compound. 

There's very little available to Google on this compound.   Does anything have any experience with or pics of the compound? I'll be there this Saturday so I'll found out soon enough but....

Thanks for your help!

Rigger

Dang auto-correct!  :mad:

This was suppose to read... "Does ANYONE have any experience..."

R

Haha ,but dont you know you can always edit your posts?  :lol:

Djzubaid wrote:

Haha ,but dont you know you can always edit your posts?  :lol:

I do, DJ - but I've got too many irons in the fire getting ready to fly tomorrow.  Spell check didn't correct it and I didn't double check it...  Argh....  Go figure...

R

Awwh,Well all i can say is don't miss anything important to carry ,and clear your mind ,don't freak out .Everything will be well and good.Last but not the least Have a safe journey. :top:

Djzubaid wrote:

Awwh,Well all i can say is don't miss anything important to carry ,and clear your mind ,don't freak out .Everything will be well and good.Last but not the least Have a safe journey. :top:

Thank you, brother. Good advise.  Checking boxes now.  Copies of Visa and other docs ready to go.

Still have to sell a car today - well, the car's been sold, I just need to deliver and collect the $$!!  Heading out for a few things to pack and then to dinner with the family.

As far as a safe journey...   Yeah, about that...   If I was driving I'd be more in control.  In this case, Emirates has the wheel and I'll be praying, donchaknow....

R

So did you arrived to your new home,  Lotus one of the best compounds in Jeddah...  You should enjoy it

mohd86 wrote:

So did you arrived to your new home,  Lotus one of the best compounds in Jeddah...  You should enjoy it

I did arrive, Mohd, but to be honest I was not impressed with Lotus 4.

The apartment was filthy and badly in need of repair - with visible mold showing in the bathrooms. There was tape in the bottom of the bathroom fixtures - which looks like it is possibly covering a crack. The small stove had one broken cooking element and the refrigerator did not look to be working - it was warm inside when I opened it.   There are mattresses stacked in the 2d bedroom as storage, miscellaneous goods are also stacked in the room and someone has used the closet for storage of diving equipment.

Finally, the furniture needed to be replaced.  I would not allow my family to sleep on the mattresses and the living room furniture is outdated and worn.  In fact, I would be horribly embarrassed to have my wife see that apartment and think I had approved it as someplace where I wanted her to raise my children.

I truly pray this was not one of the best compounds in Jeddah. 

R

What happened I thought you were going to a bigger compound???? In some ways what you found is par for the course. My place definitely was not that bad, but things definitely needed to be fixed or replaced and hopefully it will be all done while I am home for the summer.

stressedmom wrote:

What happened I thought you were going to a bigger compound???? In some ways what you found is par for the course. My place definitely was not that bad, but things definitely needed to be fixed or replaced and hopefully it will be all done while I am home for the summer.

I'll send an IM with details.

Hey, this is Rigger's wife. I guess the company wanted to fill a hole.  Another employee was moving from Lotus to Arabian Homes, so they were going to put us in smaller apt. However, Rigger made a few embarrassing points to HR, and they found new accommodations in north Jeddah off Corniche - the Al Hajarayn compound (it won't be finished until July). Our middle kid may come with us, so we needed more BRs. I hope this one works out.

Al Hajarayn is a much better compound...I can see it from my office window

[img]IMG_6738[/img]