Event for expat women.

Hi, IWIL women's networking event on Saturday 21 June at 3 pm - 6 pm.  If anyone interested to come you are all welcome. Just express your interest by sending an email to [email protected] and we'll send the complete event details. Tell women you know. Thanks. It is a great opportunity to meet other expat women in Tripoli.

Heeey :/ is everything just for women !! :|| c'mon make sth sharing

Oh I wish I could come but I wont be there until later.
Thank you for the invitation anyway. I hope you have a blessed event.

@mohamed, isn't it your culture to keep men and women separate?
I'm sure you can organize something for the men.

Thank you for the warning, laepng.
I am blessed with an ugly appearance and fat.
Surely, they will choose a prettier, younger woman to attack.

dua dua wrote:

Thank you for the warning, laepng.
I am blessed with an ugly appearance and fat.
Surely, they will choose a prettier, younger woman to attack.

Don't  believe what that unknown person says , i don't know why he just saying like that

I think it used to be a culture here , now everything changes ! by the way it's normal meeting for sure  you are not going to drink something with alkhol or join a party in a club hehe

I don't drink alcohol, and I advise others to not drink it. :-)
It can be tempting but it clouds your mind and can be addictive.

Mohammed, even the Libyan here, that I am close to has warned me about rape and being killed, and robbed.
He is Libyan and he told me people are scared to go out.
His words were that he prays before he steps out of his home because he doesn't know if he/will come back alive.
He said twice he has almost gotten killed, just recently.
Maybe he lives in a bad section, I am not sure.

But I do hope if this is true, Allah protects us all, and things change for the better soon,

And if its not true, then I hope everyone enjoys Libya and the country remains in a peaceful state.

I agree with you in things and dis with others ,, i come back  home everyday after 02:00 am  and i feel safety and nothing bad happens , anyway i don't know where those guys get the information from ! it might be from media ! yeah i think so ,, cause your friend says " i pray before going out and i don't know if i will stay alive or not " !! C'mon yaa it's not that much it's just rumors that they invent , you shouldn't be afraid that much ,,

Hi dua, this will be the our last event before Ramadan.  And we'll resume by September.  Thanks. I keep you posted in our future event. Keep safe.

@nightingales-thank you. I will keep you in mind when I get there.

@laepng-please be calm. Your experiences are helpful to others, but if you can't stay calm, I fear they will remove you.

@administrators-I have to say that I don't agree with you removing these posts. Everyone has experiences and unfortunately some people have bad experiences. I think he could have worded things a bit better but the only post I felt that should have been removed was the last one with the bad language, and also did not benefit anyone.
It makes me wonder how many other posts were removed for their warnings. As I said, I have a close libyan friend that spoke similar things, and another Libyan from this site warned me it was bad and not to come.
Another expat has expressed fear of speaking the truth on this forum, so when a person is bold enough to speak about the bad, please let them. We need to hear the good, the great, and the bad.
Every place has good and bad, and if you truly want expats to be prepared, they need to hear as much as possible.
Just my opinion-but I think this is why many expats aren't giving input on this forum.

I suggest all members read the terms and conditions of this forum which can be found at the bottom of the page.

@stumpy-I read them (well the first few sections), and my opinion still stands.
I'm not sure which rule he broke as defamation (slander and/or libel) is, to my understanding, false statements which are damaging.
But I didn't think it was false if its someone's opinion.
I know this isn't my forum, or my decision. I just thought you would like input/opinions from someone that isn't really a traveler yet.
I think the expats with experience know a lot more and what to expect.
I don't.
And a problem I see with balancing the good and bad is that many expats have posted wonderful things about Libya on here, only to tell me privately it is dangerous and they are scared to say the truth on this forum, esp. while still in the country.
The Libyans...its there home. I don't think they are lying necessarily but maybe it is safer for them because they have their family as support, or maybe they don't have much to compare it to, or perhaps they just only like to talk about the good aspects.
So someone can exaggerate for good and say its perfectly safe, when not one but many countries are giving warnings, but if someone, albeit angry, exaggerates the bad, to warn others, its removed?
I just can't imagine going to a country I enjoyed only to post negative things about it on a blog.
I think his experience was bad, even if it may not be common, and he should be able to have his comments heard as long as there isn't profanity, or name calling.
Just my opinion :-)

Hi all,

We are way off topic now.
Could we get back to the subject please?

Thanks
Armand
Expat.com Team

And the last one is again using profanity.

@Armand,
Sorry. I didn't see your post before my last comment.
I apologize.

Hi Ladies
Have you planned any upcoming meetings that I could attend?
Thanks!