Travelling and doing business in Botswana

Hello,

My name is Wilma.

I have always loved travel and needed to find a way to make it more viable as I enter my retirement yearsbut how can I do it? I decided to become a travel consultant and I am in the process of creating my own company.

My plan is to travel to Botswana and eventually specialize in it offering affordable trips for everybody.

But how can I obtain the information before going? I need Botswana connoisseurs, travellers that can tell me how to save money and make this trip of a life time as special as it can be. I need your tips, recommendations, experiences and anecdotes if you want to share them with me.

Without your input I cannot accomplish my goal of affordable travel.

I feel there is a way to go there that does not cost as much but we just dont know where to look for it.

For exampleis there a lodge that is reasonably priced? I know the major resorts get all the action but how does a person find those little out of the way places that offer so much more than you ever imagined?

Do you really have to fly to every lodge? Can you rent a car and a guide from the capital lets say and tour the country?

Is there any interaction with the locals? Did you get to eat local food? Any performance, ie dances, rituals? Is it worth to spend any time in the capital?

My plan is to arrive in Botswana beginning of Nov 2014 and stay for an entire month seeing as much as I can. Then when I get back I can turn my findings into tours.

I hope you can help me in this process. I will pay special attention to all your replies.

Thank you in advance!

Wilma

Hello Botswana101 and welcome on board :)

While waiting for Expats there to help you in your queries, may i suggest you give a look at our section Housing in Botswana to find  rentals being proposed, as an option to the major resorts you mentionned in your post.

Regards

Kenjee

Is starting small business like coffee house or cultural restaurant(like chinese or ethiopian) be possible?
Is gating visa possible?
thank you!