Expat wives with young children

Hi

Me, My husband and my 4 month old will be migrating to Bangkok from Singapore in October. We are British and I looking for advice and recommendations from similar families.

No single men and woman need to reply thanks.

Sorry can't help you there, i am on the same boat as you. We live in the States, I have three kids and my husband took a transfer to Bangkok (we don't have an exact moving date yet), just posted some questions, hopefully i'll get some answers. Good luck to you and who knows, our path may cross one day.

Hello all,

Welcome to Expat.com Newmummyexpatbangkok :)

What kind of advice are you looking for (accommodation, everyday life, networking...etc)?

Good luck!

Cheers
Olivier
Expat.com Team

Hi!
Same Situation for me. We moved to BKK one week ago with my 3 months old daughter and 2 years old son.
If you like - let's meet for a coffee/tea once you arrived;-)

Hi
Let me know if you looking for thai tutor or private assist.

Hi there,

We just arrived and have now been living in the area of Sukhumvit soi 20 for a couple of months.  I'm a teacher so my husband is looking after our 2 kids (6 and 3) during the days and while our 6 year old daughter isn't at school. 

My advice now in retrospect is be prepared for 'apartment living'.  We are Australian so come from a great outdoor lifestyle with lots of green parks and beaches.  It has taken a bit of getting used to in the way we head to our local park through busy city streets.  As your little one is younger, this won't be such an issue until they need to run but make sure you have somewhere they can shout and run without you having to reign them in all the time or you all go a little nuts. 

We also started on the path of daycare for our 3 year old but it turns out that the daycare as we understand it in Australia (educational, skills building and very much communicative) is replaced here by early childhood education that starts as young as Nursery 1 (aged 1-2) and is available 5 days a week.  If it's just childminding, then it's been suggested that we're better off with a nanny.  A live in nanny can be about 10 000baht a month and above and casual care doesn't seem as popular as committing to longer term placements with International Kindergarten programs.

There are a lot of International schools running kindergarten and early childhood programs but they are not regulated so do your research and visits before enrolling as they're not cheap.

Hope this helps.

Hi let me know if u need a nanny tutor

Hello is any body there need a house keeping or a nanny..were from Philippines anď currently living in pattaya..if any one interested dont hesitate to say helloooo.... :D

looking for a baby sitter for a couple of hours at night to look after our 15 months old baby boy heres my number 0923465012 give me a ring any time. we will only be here until the 24th of january 2015

Hi ahpril05,

Welcome on Expat.com :)

I invite you to please post an advert in the Babysitting in Bangkok section as it might help :)

Thank you

Maximilien