ENGLISH SPEAKER LOOKING FOR JOB IN RABAT

Last I checked my living, breathing, and connected activities check in the green, but that still poses the question if the undead are aware they are or not...  and my Marocanité isn't in any doubt, but if you please keep it up. A guy needs an air de mystère after all :)

CathyMarie wrote:

Well, all I can say is that it went through my cynical European mind to wonder whether you were not one of our dear Britishers dressed up as Moroccan.... :)  believe me, people never write an acquired language without mistakes, however well they speak it.  At least I haven't encountered that, and I work in and around translation and EFL.  So, if you really are a living, breathing Moroccan, I say "chapeau" to you!

You DO have a cynical mind CathyMarie. I also work with languages. Ana mutarjim.

Moxtar. Aji'n'goulak. Finak, asahabi, niani fina blassa? 

Let's see.

An'imshi kharj daba, ghadi'n'shufakoom minbad.

A sidi (oulla hia lalla?) rani ghir ferrbat. Merhba bik ou9temma.
llah y3awen. Thella(y) frasek :)

They do if they have a sponsor

I've known my friend for three years now I have been to visit them and I'd like them to visit me. I do keep my wits about me but I wouldn't paint everyone with the same traits before I get to know them. If they really wanted to exploit me they wouldn't of waited so long there are a lot of naive people on the Internet and they wouldn't have wasted all this time

"It's not that easy actually. A lot of people have abused this route in the past, now it has been tightened up. They don't just give visitor visa's to anyone who applies."

I'm replying to this

Moxtar wrote:

llah y3awen. Thella(y) frasek :)

OK CathyMarie, he's not just Arabic but Moroccan.

Moxtar. Choukrane akhoya. Ana rajul, meshee mra!!!

Lol

Well, I'm sorry to sound unimpressed but even I with my fairly basic Arabic can understand what's been written here in Arabic.  And who's to say laduqesa (whom I had thought was female, but now I notice the icon!) is not rushing between computers at home? :) I'm sorry, but even people who have lived in the UK for years do not write with this kind of native fluency.  Something fishy definitely afoot, methinks!!

CathyMarie wrote:

Well, I'm sorry to sound unimpressed but even I with my fairly basic Arabic can understand what's been written here in Arabic.  And who's to say laduqesa (whom I had thought was female, but now I notice the icon!) is not rushing between computers at home? :) I'm sorry, but even people who have lived in the UK for years do not write with this kind of native fluency.  Something fishy definitely afoot, methinks!!

That would be rather difficult, CathyMarie, seeing as I am in Helsinki right now!

In addition, you say you understand the Arabic (which as xb23 rightly points out is actually Darija), but could you have written it?

No, no, laduqesa, you are far cleverer than I, I am sure!

As far as I'm concerned, this is not Arabic, but darija:

llah y3awen. Thella(y) frasek

Moxtar. Aji'n'goulak. Finak, asahabi, niani fina blassa?  An'imshi kharj daba, ghadi'n'shufakoom minbad.

Please translate it for me, as I speak Arabic, and didn't understand it.

I do note a careful avoidance of the translation from this alleged linguist

Neecey101, you earlier said:

I may just save the money and stay there without having to work, I think that is better don't you?

I don't know, it depends on the cost of living in that city, your lifestyle, how you plan to spend your time there, how long for, and obviously how much you save up & take with you. I personally found myself spending quite a bit of money during my trips there.

I found marrakech to be more expensive than rabat, probably due to the major tourism impact there.
My lifestyle isn't lavish I will mainly be around friends and their families for dinner, I will go out but not everyday like a weeks holiday, more of a laid back lifestyle

If you are interested in teaching English, you can try Amideast, Americain Language Centre, or British Council. You can also check with Moroccan private schools. There are many embassies in Rabat, so you can try them too

Neecey101 wrote:

Neecey101, you earlier said:

I may just save the money and stay there without having to work, I think that is better don't you?

I don't know, it depends on the cost of living in that city, your lifestyle, how you plan to spend your time there, how long for, and obviously how much you save up & take with you. I personally found myself spending quite a bit of money during my trips there.

I found marrakech to be more expensive than rabat, probably due to the major tourism impact there.
My lifestyle isn't lavish I will mainly be around friends and their families for dinner, I will go out but not everyday like a weeks holiday, more of a laid back lifestyle

I'm a Muslim, so I'm not in a position to advise about costs (as I don't drink, didn't need to buy certain food (pork etc)). Laduqesa can advise you on costs. You will find yourself constantly being ripped-off, but as you have friends there, that can be avoided if they are with you.

Did you fall in love with Morocco, because of the contrast with London? That people there actually talk to you, lack of rushing, the laid-back and stress-free lifestyle, friendly & welcoming people, and the weather? Living in London, I can understand why some people want to take a break from it.

I'm not Muslim but I don't drink myself maybe on a special occasion I'll have one but out of respect for my friends I wouldn't whilst I'm there anyway. Yeah they will most probably come with me as they're locals and I know I would be so over charged if I was shopping alone lol
Yes these were the main reasons. I've been through a lot of stressful years recently and when I visited I loved the laid back friendly attitude, obviously the weather is a bonus. Id love to live an endless holiday there but I know it's not reality so just for a few months to a year I just wanted to take a break in a more relaxed atmosphere, not so fast paced and rushed. I love London don't get me wrong, I just need a break before I can come back and decide where I want to go from there. I thought if I was able to get any sort of work in morocco id have more of a hands on experience and contribute some way to the community but I see now by a lot of votes the other way it's better for me to go on a long relaxed holiday than a working one lol

Yes that is so true, I wouldn't like to experience healthcare there god forbid im out there if I get sick. I suppose being born and raised here in England I do take for granted basic things that I would find strange for other countries not to have. I would be so content if the simplicity and laid back friendly lifestyle of morocco could also have the modern, safe, advanced everyday practices we have here like freedom of speech and standard healthcare, but I suppose one cannot coincide with the other, it's a shame

Hi all,

A few off topic posts have been removed for info.

Regards
Armand
Expat.com Team

f course u can trust some minds, there is always some shiny ways... everywhere there is darkness, but it s p to u to find  some sunshine...

Neecey101 wrote:

Yes that is so true, I wouldn't like to experience healthcare there god forbid im out there if I get sick. I suppose being born and raised here in England I do take for granted basic things that I would find strange for other countries not to have. I would be so content if the simplicity and laid back friendly lifestyle of morocco could also have the modern, safe, advanced everyday practices we have here like freedom of speech and standard healthcare, but I suppose one cannot coincide with the other, it's a shame

In fact, the healthcare available in the big Moroccan cities is on a par with that available in the west.  Here In Marrakech, for example, there is the International Clinic and the Polyclinique du Sud, to name but two, where you will be seen remarkably quickly (compared to the UK) by doctors who have trained in France and with up to date techniques and equipment.  The big difference is.... the cost.  It's really expensive.

I agree. One can get excellent healthcare in Morocco. Here in El Jadida, one of the doctors has 2 clinics. They are both good, but one is older and far shabbier than the other, the beds, chairs, TV channels and so on. However, he generally operates out of the older one and the prices are really reasonable compared to his other place for the same standards of hygiene and care. Indeed, the scanner is at the older clinic! One is just not as comfortable there compared to the new, purpose built place.

As an addition, there is a new, very good, public hospital in El Jadida. It's one of the largest regional hospitals in Africa. I have used their services (for free) and they were really good - competent doctors, good standards, latest equipment, caring nurses.

http://www.mazagan24.com/2013/12/25/le- … rationnel/

Hello All,

I would kindly suggest you create a new thread with subject title 'Healthcare' so that the precious informations you are giving can be followed by other members.

As you may know our thread policy, is that posts are to be relevant to the subject title, so as to keep information well listed in each thread.

So please, can we get back to the inital post ''English speaker looking for job'' ? Any more information you would like to bring on this subject?

Kind Regards

Kenjee

Hi Neecey,

Getting a job in morocco can be very very tough if you only know english. You have very limited options like english schools, call centers or some role in an MNC company. Try to contact to english speaking people who are doing business here in morocco and probably they can help you somehow. Good luck.

[moderated: no ads on the forum, please post an ad for your offer in the Jobs in Rabat section.]

Hi

I'm not in Rabat at the moment because I couldn't find any jobs what is it you're offering I would be interested
Kind regard Ms

[moderated: no private contact information on the forum please]

Neecey101 wrote:

I can relate to that. I suppose a lot of expats later on find out that they are not as ready as they thought they would be, to settle in a third world country, after putting to one side, the good weather, laid-back lifestyle, simplicity of life, and so on, and start dealing with healthcare, school, job and other important issues. As a result, many end up returning back.

Hello everyone,

Please note that some off-topic posts have been removed from this thread. Let's get back to the topic now, shall we? ;)

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

Hi i'm Mohamed i'm from Taza i just fight with my parents and i have no home now i want to have a job in rabat and i'm a arabic and english speaker please help me i'm in a bad situation now . i choose rabat becouse i want to continue my studying there

Have you tried teaching?
we are a couple who live in morocco. and we teach english.
if you want some contacts i may have a look around for you.
good luck

Hi skane , how are u?
i never tried becouse i dpn't now any one
if u can help me that will be great

CathyMarie

hi I'm karim from Morocco. I think its pretty interesting to meet Young people that want to come over here and work .<its a very good idea,but its not easy .there are lots of thing to do here.Tell me do you have any teaching experience?? [moderated]

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the Teaching jobs in Rabat if you have a vacancy. Thanks
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct