Taking pets

Hi All,

I love this blog. It's answered a lot of questions for us. We are moving sometime in the next year to Jubail (wife,3 kids) and want to take our two cats. Has anyone done this? Do you know the regulations? Thanks in advance.

Some companies like Sadara and Aramco take care of moving your pets as part of their relocation package. Please check with the company.

Thank you. I will check with them.

wish all the companies made this accessible

We brought our 2 dogs and our cat (we're with Sadara as Dow Secondees).  Are you Secondees or will you be direct hires?  And where are you relocating from?  Helping us get our pets over was part of our package with Dow, but I don't know what is in the direct hire packages.  Since we were getting reimbursed (and since one of our dogs was questionably on 'the list'), we used Pet Relocation www.petrelocation.com and they walked us through the entire process.  Cats are by far easier to do than dogs, and you can even do the whole process yourself if your package doesn't reimburse you for it (I can give you an outline of what the steps are from the US).  One thing you need to consider, though, is that the kennels here are atrocious.  Seriously, I wouldn't leave any animal at any of these vets/kennels.  Ever.  Most of the people I know that have brought animals are partnering up to watch each others' pets (requiring coordination of vacations, which can be tricky for that week off here or there that we all get!).

Good luck!!

Thanks for all the info. Sadara told me they will not with the relocation of the pets. So, I will need help on the steps getting our two cats to Jubail from the US. We aren't coming over until next summer so, I have time. Please let me know everything! Thanks in advance.

And we are direct hires.

Hi.. I just left Saudi with 3 cats. All documents were handled by pet clinic. I'm sure the clinic handle pet coming as well. I did ask pet relocation service. Too expensive. You can try call the lady.. Ms walla +96711263-7144.  Her email address : [email protected].

Thanks Masita. I will check with the person and will get with the pet clinic here to get them attested! Lol

I'm sorry.. I gave you wrong number.. It's +96611263-7144😄