Non-EU Spouse of EU Citizen - Non-EU's Family Join/Visit?

Hi,

I wanted to ask a basic question and see if anyone knows or can find the information I have been hunting for.

I am a British Citizen from UK and My wife is a Non-EU Citizen with me in Malta. We will be applying for e-residence soon. The question is, can my wife's family from a non-EU country come and visit? Visa? What visa? How?

Any information you can provide would be great.

Many thanks,

Chris

Hi chris,

I don't quite understand your question?

Anybody can apply for and receive a tourist visa. That is straight forward. The relevant visa would be a short term tourist visa allowing them to stay for up to 3 months.

Please be aware that the UK is not part of the Schengen area as Malta is.

Cheers
Ricky

Hello Chris,

Ricky is right in that they can apply for a tourist visa like anyone else. However, providing copies of  your registration certificate as an EU national in your country of residence as well as proof of the family relationship with you (such as a marriage or birth certificate) may help. You can find more information here: europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/residence/documents-formalities/non-eu-family-members-residence-card/index_en.htm. If in doubt, contact the national authorities: europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/residence/contact/index_en.htm