Buying a laptop

Hi
I need a new laptop (to read expat!), is it best to buy in the uk before I go to Gib and take it, or buy one over there?

suggestions welcome

UK for price and variety

Ive seen a laptop on the currys.co.uk website here in uk, could i not buy the laptop from this website if i lived in Gib and get it delivered to gib.
If so how much extra would that cost please?

thanks so far gob

tonyri wrote:

Ive seen a laptop on the currys.co.uk website here in uk, could i not buy the laptop from this website if i lived in Gib and get it delivered to gib.
If so how much extra would that cost please?

thanks so far gob

I've just tried and the only address it will accept is a UK one

Grumpy

hmm ok thats interesting, so, how much would it cost for a friend to send a laptop to gib from uk?
am sure its on the website somewhere.

Hi

No idea.
Check with Royal Mail

But remember you would be paying VAT in UK and import duty here at 6% on landed cost,  i.e. price plus postage

Grumpy

There it is a business opening clearly GIB  IT outlets need some competition. HP are a good make for laptops I own 3.

right thanks Grumpy. My last option is to just bring it with me. I wont ask if I there is a charge!

Hi Andy, I read that there is not much need for IT supply and support outside of the betting industry - wonder why you have 3.
I am an experienced/qualified IT pro so am very interested in IT opportunities.

Actually I have 4 but 1 is not an HP. As there is 25 k + pop in GIB and Grumpy has stated to get one from the UK perhaps a market is there for PCs ?