Pets in Romania

Hello!
I will be moving to Romania in July (2014) to live and work. I am trying to find a way to transport pets over to Bucharest...Does anyone have any experience with this? As I cannot fly pets from the UK I am struggling to find a way to do this without paying hundreds for a courier!
Also I was wondering how easy it is to get pet supplies in Bucharest?
I have 3 pet rats and I will need to buy a ferret cage when I arrive...would this be possible in Bucharest?
Does anybody know how easy it is to have pets in rented accommodation there?
Thanks to anyone who can help!

There are lots of pet shops here, owning dogs is very popular here, so they are very well catered for, as are cats.

There is a pet shop in my local market and they sell small rodents such as Hamsters, i think i have even seen pet rats in there, but i cant remember very well. I am sure you could find a suitable cage here in Bucharest, i dont know if owning pet rats is that popular here, i dont know anyone who does have one, but there must be some people who do.

My next door neighbour runs a market stall dealing in pet suppies and the odd pet, we bought a bird from him and all the cage and trimmings, only for the bird to then ecape one weekend and fly right out the window! not seen it since.

Also i would imagine its very easy to own pets in rented accomodation, i cant offer any advise for shipping your pets here though as i have no experience of that.

Thank you so much for your reply. I am very grateful. Could you tell me the name of the district/ road the pet shop is on? Just in case I cannot find one when I arrive.
I am still looking for shipping/ courier...so far all of the quotes have been above 850 Euros!!

I live in Sector 5 Genchea, a good petshop local to us is based in sector 6 in Drumul Taberei, in the market there, its a small shop but thats the one i have seen small pets in, there is another one close by to that too on Strada Brasov, oposite Billa about 5 shops to the left of the RDS shop.

There really are lots of pet shops though all over Bucharest, most of the markets have one, i know of another at Crangasi, also in sector 6, but that was from a couple of years ago, i dont know if its still there now.