Maid costs in Bangalore

Hello All,

I have just moved to Bangalore 6 weeks ago. We are just moving to our house with my husband and we are looking for a maid.
We have already seen a nice lady, seems to be reliable (well, what can I say after a meeting of 30 minutes), she has provided some recommendations...
Well, the point is that I have no idea, how much it costs, knowing the fact, that I need her like 3 times a week, only for a few hours in the afternoon, all cleaning (the house), ironing and cooking.

Could you please advise me that regarding your experience what could be a reasonable demand from her side?

Thank you for your kind return in advance.

Good question. It varies. Tell me these things for a better idea:

1) How many people?
2) How many bedrooms / floors?
3) What help are you looking for?
4) Which area do you live in?

Point 3 is important. Primarily cause, not all maids are good cooks. And secondly, you don't want some of the maids getting anywhere near your food. Hygiene doesn't come naturally to many. You'll end up having a cook AND a maid most likely. Also, ironing is not going to happen. You might have to look for a person outside. You should have one in your apartment or at a walking distance from your house.

Hi Majrita,

The said cost can vary depending on the location you'll be staying in Bangalore.

If you can tell your residing area, then I can still help you with a ball park figure.