Adverture/Travelling

My name is Kim. I said in to Bahia Del Caraquez about a month ago . I have cruised Mexico since retirement in 2010. I will stay here for several years traveling inland and cruising the coastal areas between here and Panama before heading for the South Pacific. I love to ride my bike. I hope to find riding opportunities in other cities here.

HI, again, KIM!
Your sense of adventure is similar to mine--I think--in that South America holds particular interest for me--are you planning to visit the Galapagos in the near future? I would be interested in finding some buddies to travel there with!

Are you planning to stay in Cumbaya or are you just starting there? Have you looked at other areas? I was initially thinking Cotacachi, but then there were some negative posts about the weather and the bugs. I went looking for the "best weather" and came up with Vilcabamba. Have you traveled around the country much before?

yes, HI!
I am staying in Cumbaya for at least a year and have rented a delightful place for that time period. After that--we'll see--BUT I love the weather and the ambiance. Having friends there helps for sure. How is your Spanish/? I hope to be fluent in a year as right now my level is about an intermediate and I have enough to 'get by'.
I understand there is an appeal to the area you mention--I wonder how you will like it. I wanted to be close to a major centre--not in it --because I am a language trainer and work with corporate clients. I have already been contacted by a language training school there based out of Britain who would like to meet with me when I am back at the beginning of July. Let's stay in touch!

Yes, it sounded like you would be more comfortable in that area and not venturing off into the unknown as a single lady. My goal, or maybe I should say dream, is to travel the country on my dirt-bike, with my camera and write a blog for my website with photos. The business end will be attracting advertisers to my site to pay for my travels. It would be nice to have an adventurous female riding beside me, but that may be asking a lot. lol

My Spanglish is excellent; Spanish, not so much. I feel I have enough when combined with hand signals but I want to improve for sure. Maybe you'll teach me?

Why the panic to go at the end of June? Did you rent your place and you'll be homeless? Did you post to the Facebook group I suggested? I didn't see you there. Melody in particular has experience with taking the animals along. I'm SO jealous that you get to go before me.

Hello everyone,

Just to inform you that a new topic has been created with your posts on the Ecuador forum for a better visibility and interaction. ;)

Thank you,
Christine

Have you been in touch with me yet because I am here and I would like to hear from you.

Saying HI again, Kim,
I am now here in Cumbaya --soon to be heading to Cuenca. Where are you--please say again.