Social activities in Puerto Rico

Hi,
I have one foot in New York, and the other in Puerto Rico.  In PR, i have a condo in Southeast PR, far away from the tourist areas.  This summer I will be moving permanently from New York to PR, and plan on relocating to the west coast, where there are more social activities.  My first thought is to look around Rincon or Aguadilla or Cabo Rojo. With all of the good and not-so-good, I am ready to make my year-round home in PR.

Greetings frogrock,

Friends are easy to make on the western side of the island. Best of luck to you. You already know what to expect so I'm sure you'll do just fine. Keep us posted from time to time on how things go.

Hi Frog rock, My husband, 18 year old grandson and I just moved to Quebradilla. It is great here since it is close to Isabella, Aguadilla and Rincon.

We haven't had much chance to go around the area yet but know a bit of
Aguadilla since my husband was stationed at Ramey many years ago but it certainly has changed with all the shopping areas and stuff. When we were there ,there was only one big shopping center where Pueblo is.

So where ever you decide to settle, Welcome to Puerto Rico and by the way , I am a native New Yorker.

Tonie

Hi frogrock,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I have created a new topic with your post on the Puerto Rico forum for a better visibility.

All the best,
Christine

Hello and welcome!  How exciting for you to now be able to make PR your full time home.  We are considering the Rincon area, ourselves in a couple of years, if not sooner.  Please keep us updated on your search or any other helpful information you may have.  Bless!

Sounds great, frogrock! Good luck with finding a place and with the move!

Good for you, it's a beautiful island and like any place you make home it's never perfect. We have been living here for two years now and fully enjoy it. Stay in touch when you make the move.