I want to move to gabaroni

Hi, my name is greg. I want to move to gabaroni.   Can any one just give me a simple step by basic step on what i need to do to get there? And some advice? Thank you so much!😄

Hi my name is greg. I live in monterey ca. Can anyone out there give me a simple step by step list on what i need to do to get to gabaronni africa.   Shots, visa ect. I would like to move there. Thanks so much! 😄

Im sorry christine! Can you resend that reply? I deleted it.

Hi Greg,

I'm sorry, i don't understand you. What reply has been deleted? You can send me more details via the private message.

Thank you.
Christine

Hi christine!  I thought i saw a reply from you but i deleted before i read it. Ooops!  I would like to know simply what i have to do before i leave the country to go to Botswana and do you have any advice.

Hey Greg, I live in Gaborone, Botswana. Are you planning on coming to visit or to stay here on a permanent basis?

A visa would be the first priority.

(Moderated: no free ad on the forum pls + get registered in the business directory > Immigration consultants in Botswana)

Visas for Botswana
Regardless of whether one is moving to Botswana to set up a business, take up an exciting job offer or simply visit stunning game reserves and see the famous Okavango Delta, foreigners must be in possession of the correct visa for Botswana.

Expats moving to Botswana for a longer period of time are advised to apply for the necessary visa or permit before making plans to travel to Botswana.

Tourist visas for Botswana

The application process for a tourist visa for Botswana is not as a straightforward as it is for other destinations. Travellers are therefore encouraged to investigate visa regulations ahead of time and apply prior to travelling if necessary.

Nationals of certain countries are exempt from obtaining a visa prior to travelling to Botswana. These countries include Australia, New Zealand, the USA, the UK, South Africa and the Schenegen countries. Passport holders from these countries will receive a 90-day visa upon arrival.

Travellers need to note that the 90-day tourist visa for Botswana cannot be extended and travellers are not allowed to remain in Botswana for longer than 90 days within a one-year period.

Nationals of other countries must apply for a tourist visa for Botswana from the Botswanan embassy or consulate within their home country. In cases where Botswana has no representation in a country, travellers can visit the British representation which can deal with the visa application. While the process can take as little as a few days, foreigners should allow at least a month for a tourist visa to be processed.

Residency visas for Botswana

Expats looking to work and live in Botswana will need to apply for the relevant work permit and residency.

Securing residency within Botswana can be quite a daunting task and the process of application can be tedious and confusing. Many expats hire the services of an immigration consultant to assist them.

There are two types of work permits for Botswana. The work permit one applies for will depend on their circumstances.

Temporary work permits for Botswana

Expats hired for a short-term project in Botswana or fixed-term contract lasting less than six months, will need to be in possession of a temporary work permit before entering the country.

In most cases, the employer will carry the burden of applying for the work permit. Regardless, expats would be wise to familiarise themselves with the type of documentation needed to support their visa application.

The following documents are the main ones which will be required when applying for a temporary work permit for Botswana:
Letter of explanation  explaining the urgent need for the applicant to be assigned to Botswana
Letter of employment from the company in Botswana
Contract between the Botswanan company and a company in the applicant's country of residence to explain the temporary nature of the projects
Proof of qualifications necessary to take up the position
CV (resume)
Copy of passport
Two passport-sized photographs

Once the application is submitted to the immigration authorities it takes approximatley one to two weeks for the permit to be processed. In some cases, it can take longer and expats need to be in possession of the temporary work permit before travelling to Botswana to begin a short-term project. Temporary work permits for Botswana are valid for 90 days and can be extended once upon arrival, if necessary.

Employment permits for Botswana

Expats with a permanent job offer in Botswana need to apply for an employment permit. Employment permits are initially valid for a period of two years, but can be extended.

Employment permits for Botswana should be applied for before arriving in the country. As with the temporary work permits, employers usually carry the financial and bureaucratic burden of applying for an employment permit for an expat. However, expats should be aware that the requirements will differ on a case-by-case basis, depending on each individual's field of work.

Special requirements apply for expats pursuing job offers for the following professions in Botswana:
Medical positions (doctors, nurses, etc.)
Teachers
Accountants
Footballers
Pilots
Farm workers

The main documents needed to support an employment permit application are as follows:
A copy of the passport
A copy of the job advertisement in a local paper
Proof of qualifications
Medical certificate
Marriage certificate (if applicable)
Recent bank statement
Letter of motivation from the applicant
Letter of acceptance for the job in Botswana from the applicant
Contract of employment

Accompanying dependents permit for Botswana

If an expat has been made a job offer in Botswana and chooses to bring their spouse or children with them to Botswana, the accompanying dependents will also need to apply for residency and make their application with the Botswanan immigration authorities.

The general requirements for the accompanying dependents permit for Botswana are the following
A copy of the passport
2 passport sized photographs
Marriage certificate (in the case of a spouse)
Unabridged birth certificate, clearly reflecting the names of both parents (in the case of a child)
Medical certificate
A set of fingerprints, taken at the police station
Recent bank statement
Letter of support from the spouse/parent with a job offer in Botswana

Student permits for Botswana

Expats moving to Botswana with children will need to ensure that their child is in possession of a student permit which will allow them to study in the country. If expats are planning to move to Botswana with children, they will need to start the process of securing a school place for their child as early as possible.

Students accompanying their parents to Botswana will need the following documents to support their application:
A copy of the passport
Letter of acceptance from a school in Botswana
Medical certificate
Parent's recent bank statement
Unabridged birth certificate, reflecting the names of both parents
A letter of support from the parent/s working in Botswana

Hello Tia2013!

Welcome to Expat.com! Thank you for this detailed long post!

A little introduction on yourself maybe?

Regards
Kenjee

Moving to Gaborone in 8 days. Can anyone tell me about the internet cost there ? Anything I shouldnt forget bringing from Mauritius? lol

By the way, would there be anyone renting a room for a week or 2, as from the end of July? Getting my own flat is being problematic

Contact me on my personal email I can help u with a room [email protected].

almega wrote:

Contact me on my personal email I can help u with a room [email protected].

Thanks for your reply. I am in Gaborone since 3weeks now. I haven't found my own appartment yet but am sharing one with a friend.