Want to move to portugal (studies + work) - sme general infos?

hi everyone my name is rajesh chaudhary, i am student of bsc(bachelor in science)  and i am from Nepal. I want to migrate portugal for the further study and work to settle my career so i joined here. Please tell me everything like culture, languges, religion etc of portugal.

rokrajeshrocks wrote:

hi everyone my name is rajesh chaudhary, i am student of bsc(bachelor in science)  and i am from Nepal. I want to migrate portugal for the further study and work to settle my career so i joined here. Please tell me everything like culture, languges, religion etc of portugal.

Hi there.

What do you want to know? In Portugal we speak Portuguese  :)     though there's a second official language, a community language, spoken in the northeast of the country. English is the most known foreign language.

The population is around 10 million and half, and about 4% is from abroad.

Religion is completely free and can be taught accordingly and is nobody's issue.

We have a rich, diverse gastronomy, spread in several regions. Those regions have their particular culture too, for instance dancing and music, and folclore.

We do like fish. Though in certain areas the meat rules over fish. 

The average temp. in the last 20 years is between 15 and 16 celsius. 

If you want to find an interesting "live culture", there's nothing better than the holiday of one particular municipality, some more "religious", some more "pagans", where usually there's a feast, live music, fairs, annual ritual celebrations, etc.

Hello rokrajeshrocks,

So as to give more interaction to your post, I created a whole topic out of it on the Portugal Forum.

I would also suggest you check out the multiple threads on this forum to gather infos.

Regards

Kenjee

Hi rokrajeshrocks,

Teleperformance Portugal is a good company for students.

You can to postule in internet.

Regards

Mathieu

Hello, I am Ese from Nigeria. I just got admission for Phd studies in Braga. Please can someone tell me if i can also fine work along side my studies?

Bonjour Ese

Je suis expatriée au Portugal et j'habite à Braga.
Vous parlez anglais, c'est très bien mais parlez-vous le Portugais ?
Télé performance semble être le grand recruteur du Portugal pour les expatriés mais malheureusement, il se trouve à Lisbonne.
Avez-vous un logement ? une bourse ? Je demande cela car les salaires au Portugal sont très bas et compte tenu de vos études, vous ne pourrez pas travailler à plein temps donc .....
Si vous parlez portugais, je peux peut-être voir pour un poste de serveuse dans un restaurant par exemple ?
Cordialement
Anabela

ouh qu'est-ce qui se passe ??? le contenu de mon message est complètement chamboulé ^^

@ATTAPORT: As this is the anglophone could you please post in English?

Thanks
Armand
Expat.com Team

Bonjour Anabela,

Merci pour votre réponse. Je ne parle que l'anglais. Je ne vais pas l'esprit de la rémunération, je veux juste obtenir un emploi qui va me donner un peu d'argent pour l'entretien. S'il vous plaît si vous avez des contacts pour ce que je serai heureux de demander cela. Merci.

Cordialement,
Ese

(Moderatesd: no free ad on the forum pls + post in the housing section)